• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie is a girl!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
She's been put on the vets 'lost and found' list, will also be putting a poster up in the vets.

We've decided to keep hold of her for now (or at least if no one comes forward!) and vaccinate/spay her ourselves. Then decide what to do.. Does anyone know how long we should leave it before we do things like that?
We've had her since 26th May, she was caught on the 25th and seen for at least 3 days in peoples gardens before that, but no idea before that!

I also ordered another rabbit run today but forgot to change the address in the excitement of it all :roll: :lol: so hopefully they read my message with new address before sending it :lol: I ordered it quite late in the day though so I think they may have 'shut up shop'! :p

When I got Karl I vaccinated immediately, then it as vet's recommendation to wait 2 weeks after that for the neuter which is what we did :)

When I got Karl I vaccinated immediately, then it as vet's recommendation to wait 2 weeks after that for the neuter which is what we did :)

We would have had her done sooner but I didn't want someone to come forward for her and be like "oh yeah, we vaccinated her" :lol:

We would have had her done sooner but I didn't want someone to come forward for her and be like "oh yeah, we vaccinated her" :lol:

To be honest, I think it is perfectly reasonable to do that. You don't want to risk her getting anything then passing it onto your guys as they are living in relatively close proximity!

You've saved them money anyway :lol:

To be honest, I think it is perfectly reasonable to do that. You don't want to risk her getting anything then passing it onto your guys as they are living in relatively close proximity!

You've saved them money anyway :lol:

Yeah I guess :lol: She's no where near them now, she's in the shed at my bf's so we just wash our hands and arms when we get back in the house :)

I don't think anyone is looking for her though :(

I don't know about individuals but rescues can vaccinate straight away for infection control.

I think you have to wait 28 days before you can get her neutered, as until the 28 days are up she isn't your bunny. (it's 7 days for a rescue)

Back