• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on moving my bun...

emmach87

New Kit
Hi All!

I have had my lovely bunny Sid for 4 years, however have recently been offered a job in Australia and so am unfortunately in the process of re-homing (Can't even tell you how much I will miss him!!).

My best friend is kindly taking him on as she knows how worried I am about giving him to somebody I don't know, and then I get to Skype him too! She also has 2 daughters who are very fond of him.

He is a very happy, chilled little boy. He follows me everywhere in the house, even waiting for me when I shower(!), which I believe to be hormone related. This is accompanied by honks, circling, etc. No spraying as yet! On this basis I thought it would be a good idea to neuter him, which I have booked for a week's time. I then have another week until I move him to my friends.

I guess what I am after is ANY advice/thoughts you have to offer on how I can approach this in the nicest way possible, making him feel comfortable and happy. Anything to avoid, any ideas, etc.

Thanks all :)

oh gosh...my worst fear would be to leave the country and not be able to take my buns...I too would love to move to Oz! Great that you have him a home to go to though. The only thing that I can think of is to take all of his things that smell like him with him and make sure you stay while he gets settled in. What does he live in? Is he indoor or out? Will whatever he lives in also be going with him?

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes I know, sadly I think I will probably miss him more than rest of my family!!

He's an indoor bun and yes his cage and toys will go with, so hopefully that will help. xx

Aww, it's great you've found somewhere you can keep in touch. Scents very important to bunnies so although it's probably tempting to clean things ready to move them. Taking the 'dirty' litter with you rather than using fresh and the in use litter tray will help him feel straight at home. As he already knows your friend that will help a lot too :)

Back