• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our bunny shed is making progress!

Jolysium

Mama Doe
20130602_185554.jpg

I'm so excited about it, it's going to be beautiful! We've been so lucky with the weather the last couple of weekends, I didn't think we'd be at this stage yet :D Can't wait to get started on making the inside ready for bunnies but we have to insulate it first.

Looks lovely well done :thumb: Personally I don't see the need to insulate but I know it makes some people feel happier :D My pair lived in their hutch all winter with only a plastic sheet over the front to keep rain/wind/snow out and were perfectly fine :wave:

Looks lovely well done :thumb: Personally I don't see the need to insulate but I know it makes some people feel happier :D My pair lived in their hutch all winter with only a plastic sheet over the front to keep rain/wind/snow out and were perfectly fine :wave:

Thanks :D I'm more worried about them being too hot actually!

Wow! Love the colours :) My pairs shed isn't insulated, they spend half their time dozed out in the run on days like this as it's smokin' hot in the shed :lol: My dad needs to crack on with making my full mesh door :evil: :p got fly netting to go over that too!

Wow! Love the colours :) My pairs shed isn't insulated, they spend half their time dozed out in the run on days like this as it's smokin' hot in the shed :lol: My dad needs to crack on with making my full mesh door :evil: :p got fly netting to go over that too!

Ooh good idea, where did you get your fly netting from? :)

Looking good :D

When I had mine in a shed I put a massive net curtain over the top on really hot days and it did reflect some of the heat & sun back off :D

That looks beautiful :love:

I would insulate it now, because if you change your mind later it's much harder to do when there's stuff/buns in it (as I recently found out! :oops:) xx

Mine are in a shed too and I worry about them getting too hot... I'm planning to make a full mesh door and make it so the windows can be mesh rather than glass... Just another job to do though!!! My boys seem to stay int he shed, in their hutch when it is hot, their mad!

Back