• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My big box of forage!

silverrabbit

Mama Doe

Isn't it beautiful :p Mixture of dandelion, ribwort plantain and bramble/blackberry :D so proud of myself lol. Gave the buns a preview and they loved it :love: can't wait to start my next box tomo!!

did u grow that urself? how do u dry it safely without bacteria growth or charred leaves???? thats the one thing i cant work out lol!!! :lol:

What a bunny banquet.:D Well done for collecting so much.:thumb:
Do your bunnies like to hop in the box for "self service"? or have you managed to find a way to keep them out?:lol:

did u grow that urself? how do u dry it safely without bacteria growth or charred leaves???? thats the one thing i cant work out lol!!! :lol:

Yes, all from my back garden :thumb: I have a mini plastic greenhouse that faces the sun all day so I lined some tea trays with kitchen roll, put a layer of forage on each and turned every 2 days for a week. The brambles I actually tied together in bunches and hung from the washing line but put them in the greenhouse to finish off as we had rain :( as long as you don't put too much on top of each other it goes crispy and sweet smelling quite quick but I left it for an extra day or 2 to be safe :)

What a bunny banquet.:D Well done for collecting so much.:thumb:
Do your bunnies like to hop in the box for "self service"? or have you managed to find a way to keep them out?:lol:

Thanks :D haha the box is out of the way for the moment, the buns are getting fresh stuff... I need to get a lot more dried before they can nom, I want enough for all 12 to have a tasty supply in winter :lol: already have more dandelions and plantain coming up though, and the brambles have sprouted loads of new shoots so they shall be snipped tomo :D

we dry ours on the back parcel shelf of the car, in this heat thorugh the back window, it goes crispy quickly and gets the perfect amoun of air (car smells very strongly of pungent plants for 2-3 days though :oops::D

i love the smell of forage!!! thats so awesome im gonna try it cos u pay a fortune for the same thing online nd its just weeds really :D thanks for the tips, and silverrabbit ur buns look to be well fed all winter long excellent planning!! :thumb:

Back