• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopefully going to a rescue tomorrow...

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Please keep your fingers crossed that it can all go ahead and I can choose a bunny for Ailsa!

I spoke to someone on their facebook page, as they don't have a website. They replied and said from the sounds of it, I don't need a home check because I have great accommodation, company for the potential bunny, and that all my existing ones are s/n and vaccinated. So that was last week. Today I phoned to confirm a time tomorrow, and I spoke to someone different who said they needed a vet letter and a home check, but they didn't know anyone this far away so they could pass on the check. I phoned my vet, who said they could phone rather than send a letter, which the rescue woman agreed to.

I'm just nervous that my vet isn't going to phone, and I'm going to get there tomorrow and they're going to say no :( I said I was looking for a companion for one rabbit, but that I did have others, and now I'm worried they'll say no because I have others and don't need more. Really worried!

I'm offering 6x4 space, with a girly bun, here's hoping they think that's OK and let me have a boy. I can't even offer to take photos with me because I only have a black and white printer.

Do you think I'd be annoying if I phoned the rescue back and asked if my vet had phoned?

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and phoned, thanks to you! :)

The woman was lovely, she said my vet phoned and gave a glowing reference, the lady said she wishes she could get a reference like that every day. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel :love: all warm and fuzzy inside.

So Ailsa's getting a friend tomorrow! And...the woman said if I wanted, she had guinea pigs in desperate need of a home as a friend for Milo. She said I'd better bring more than one travel box ;) :lol:

Aww the rescue lady sounds lovely, and yay @ glowing reference :D they prob have to deal with people wanting to fit 2 buns in a 3ft hutch all day every day so they must love hearing from fab owners like you!

Good luck, hope you find a husbun for your lady :love:

Well I went ahead and phoned, thanks to you! :)

The woman was lovely, she said my vet phoned and gave a glowing reference, the lady said she wishes she could get a reference like that every day. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel :love: all warm and fuzzy inside.

So Ailsa's getting a friend tomorrow! And...the woman said if I wanted, she had guinea pigs in desperate need of a home as a friend for Milo. She said I'd better bring more than one travel box ;) :lol:

I love this. You are a brilliant owner, so glad they fast tracked you as you deserve some good luck x Excited to see the new addition or additions!! ;)

Back