• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Found - Owners Found!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
RedFraggle has found a brown bun in her garden today, in Heworth, York. Her OH is taking it to the vet now to check for a microchip.

At least the poor bun chose the right garden to wander into!

Last edited:
Wow - what are the chances? lucky bun! I sometimes wonder, given how frequently people on here 'find' rabbits, if they know somehow how to seek out somewhere safe?
Either that, or it's just a small proportion of an awful lot of bunnies wandering around that happen to end up in good hands. :(

Great news :D RedFraggle's OH spotted the owners searching for their bun :D

I'd assumed the bun had been dumped, as they usually are :( So I'm shocked the owners were out looking.

Lucky bun and lucky owners! :D

Great news :D RedFraggle's OH spotted the owners searching for their bun :D

I'd assumed the bun had been dumped, as they usually are :( So I'm shocked the owners were out looking.

Lucky bun and lucky owners! :D

Great news! :thumb::thumb:

What a joy to have such a happy ending.:D

Wow - what are the chances? lucky bun! I sometimes wonder, given how frequently people on here 'find' rabbits, if they know somehow how to seek out somewhere safe?
Either that, or it's just a small proportion of an awful lot of bunnies wandering around that happen to end up in good hands. :(

I've always thought that they would be attracted by the presence of other rabbits, being a gregarious species that has safety in numbers. Whatever the reason, it's pretty good homing skills!

Glad the owners have been found!!

I've always thought that they would be attracted by the presence of other rabbits, being a gregarious species that has safety in numbers. Whatever the reason, it's pretty good homing skills!

Glad the owners have been found!!

could the smell of noms play a part ? especially if people keep their hay outdoors

Sounds like he's had a productive day! Maybe he should start a pet detective agency?

Lol, he does have a way with animals. Said rabbit owners were blown away by our bunny shed and he said the bun was really friendly and very excited to see it's owners. Clearly a well loved happy little soul. It had dug out of it's run.

Back