• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slooooow bonding Sparrow and Hugo.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Sparrow is our wildie girl and Hugo is a small nethie type, so I decide to try and bond them, as Hugo is a bit more feisty than the other boys so I thought he may stand up to Sparrow's liveliness.
The have been living next door to each other in small runs for a good few weeks now, but with so many other things going on, I have not done anything else about it.
I had 30 mins before feeding the kittens, so just decided to try them together for an initial meeting.
I fully expected Sparrow to be very assertive and Hugo run away from her, it was the other way round, with Hugo's main thought to hump her. She would either run away or sit looking a bit confused. As Hugo realised he didn't actually have the bits required the humping got less and they were sitting together quite nicely.
I know it may all kick off the next time, or the time after that, but I'm pleasantly surprised with events today. They are back in their own runs and I will try them again tomorrow.
I'll keep you updated.

Day 2.

The bonding pen.
BE6C1949-921D-43ED-BBF2-582AC779216A-352-0000001E73C44765.jpg

After a bit of humping, Hugo has a rest, he's now trying to get Sparrow to move by giving little nips.
8B00651B-665C-4CC7-8AE0-5158E5CBDC8E-352-0000001E81C393F8.jpg

The bunnies spent an hour together again yesterday, it went well again. Hugo was less intent on humping and Sparrow was more confident in the run. He is very keen to be friends, although in a slightly dominant manner, while she seems a bit confused by the whole thing, but I 'think' we could have a couple by next week.

The bunnies spent an hour together again yesterday, it went well again. Hugo was less intent on humping and Sparrow was more confident in the run. He is very keen to be friends, although in a slightly dominant manner, while she seems a bit confused by the whole thing, but I 'think' we could have a couple by next week.

:thumb:

:thumb:Brilliant

Back