• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Injury to boy bunny's bits!! Advice please

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
It seems my little boy bunny has got swollen and sore looking bits underneath - am taking him to the vet early afternoon - he has spent the last few days bonding with my blind bunny whilst I was at home - the first time he did nothing but humpy humpy for ages then calmed down - I also think they had a scrap - could she have bitten him or could it be due to excess 'activity' ??

ouch sounds sore for him. Sorry I have no idea but sounds like its to do with the bonding if they have been doing a lot of humping! I take it they are vaccinated.

Yes both vaccinated - bless him - anyone got any pics to compare or links? Having just researched this - it appears that it could be due to excess humping or he has been bitten after humping her head which I have seen him do - poor little love - will see what vet says

Last edited:
Poor Simba has now been seen by a vet - he has been prescribed metacam and baytril - he also has several bites on him :cry::cry: but none infected or swollen - poor little lad only wants to make friends :roll::roll: anyway vet has said keep an eye on his bits as they are quite bad, watch out for him weeing okay and bathe the area daily with warm water and keep him on soft bedding and hopefully all will be well!

This happened to Fitzhenry when we were bonding him and Hyuna! The vet thought it had just been over-used as no sign of an actual bite - looked sore and kind of prolapsed though. Took a day or 2 but it went down and returned to normal.

Back