• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cats be gone!!

KoShiatar

Mama Doe
So I'm soon moving Maia into an outside hutch/run combo, but there are cats roaming in the garden. As the garden is big and old, with antique stone enclosures and walls, I can't insulate it completely to prevent access.
What can I do to make sure the rabbits won't be disturbed by cats? What do YOU do when you have this kind of problem? Is it enough to reinforce the hutch so they can't get in, or do I need to prevent them from getting close to the net at all?
Thank you!

Double mesh your run so that the cats can't get close (stops them getting their claws in and it's good to stop foxes too) and make sure your rabbits have places to hide. Some rabbits are scared of the sight of cats, some aren't. Mine aren't bothered but I have cats too so they're used to it.

My poppy thumps when a cat goes near her becuase she knows that whenever she thumps i go running :lol:

I agree with Steph :thumb:

Back