• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fat?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Do u think Summer looks fat again? I was showing my mum some pics and she said they (Summer and Skye) look fat! I don't think Skye has got fat but maybe Summer is a bit bigger again? I'm not one for weighing them I just go off how they look. I don't see how she would put weight on I've really cut down their pellets and veg :roll:

A few unflattering pics (sorry Summer :oops:)

1D62E9F9-C8F2-47DF-A58F-7B6915BFEDCC-1876-000001A5F284649C_zps8bb99a4e.jpg

4AFEE97F-D15A-4CC1-BBC0-E432FEA5034E-1188-000000EB5D0058ED_zpsd7ce1e36.jpg

D0B4B5C8-95C3-4BC0-83B6-30361F2B19C6-1188-000000EB4AADAEFC_zps25790b78.jpg

D798921B-EE5F-47CF-AE2C-2B2E33EF2889-1188-000000EB429A3CFE_zps61179fa1.jpg

What do u think?

I don't think she is 'fat', maybe just on the larger bunny scale :) My mum always says my female bun, Flora, is fat, but she is just larger than my other bun:D

I don't think she is 'fat', maybe just on the larger bunny scale :) My mum always says my female bun, Flora, is fat, but she is just larger than my other bun:D

Thanks :lol: I think she maybe has put back on a bit of weight after she lost some but like I said I'm not over feeding them and they have 24hr run access so can get all the exercise they want!

I think it's hard to tell from photos but she does look a little on the larger side possibly. Have you checked out the Old Useful Topics sticky in Health as there are some links in there with advice on how to check weight - in a nutshell, you should be able to feel the ribs and spine but they shouldn't be too prominent. :D

I think it's hard to tell from photos but she does look a little on the larger side possibly. Have you checked out the Old Useful Topics sticky in Health as there are some links in there with advice on how to check weight - in a nutshell, you should be able to feel the ribs and spine but they shouldn't be too prominent. :D

Thanks :wave: I can feel her spine easily when i stroke her and ribs if I feel for them! I'll have a look through that sticky thanks :D

I think the dewlap makes her look much bigger, if you can feel her spine and hips she's ok :) I always like mine to be a bit over weight :oops: having had 2 rabbits with unexplained weight loss I like to know they have extra reserves :oops:

I think the dewlap makes her look much bigger, if you can feel her spine and hips she's ok :) I always like mine to be a bit over weight :oops: having had 2 rabbits with unexplained weight loss I like to know they have extra reserves :oops:

Thanks for the reassurance :wave: yeah she has a big dewlap bless :lol:

Back