• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jake is gone.....sent for cremation

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
I just found jake dead in their room

No sign of anything Wrong he's just gone I feel like is all my fault first yuki now jake in the space of six months :(

Poor yuri she was so in love with him

I miss him already I don't get to say good bye I am in pieces oh god why he was so full of life :(

Last edited:
I got to love him so much :(

I keep thinking its my fault

:(

I can't take this yuki in November now jakey...

:cry: It isn't your fault. Bunnies die suddenly too often and its tragic and unexplainable but there's NOTHING you could have done, I'm sure. I'm so sorry, its not fair :cry:

Aw no, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please don't feel like it was your fault though. You gave him a really happy life.

I can still smell him on me he's in a box wrapped in a blanket going to take yuri for a check up Monday to make sure it isn't anything

They had knocked over their water bowl could have happened two three hours ago what if by not checking more I killed him cause he does of dehydration.....

What if I hadent given them enough to eat all their hay was gone I give them lots in the mornig and lots at night

I just feel its all my fault I didn't check in on them as much today

I am so sorry for your loss of Jake, Laura. What an awful shock for you :cry:

Rest in peace little guy, binky free over the bridge.

I can still smell him on me he's in a box wrapped in a blanket going to take yuri for a check up Monday to make sure it isn't anything

They had knocked over their water bowl could have happened two three hours ago what if by not checking more I killed him cause he does of dehydration.....

What if I hadent given them enough to eat all their hay was gone I give them lots in the mornig and lots at night

I really don't think he could have died of dehydration in that short a time and he definitely didn't starve to death. I know you won't believe me but it was nothing you could have prevented and not your fault at all. Think what you'd say if this was someone else on the forum posting this..try to tell yourself that maybe?
You were a great bunny mummy to him, he was very lucky :cry:

Oh no...I am so sorry to see Jake has gone to the Bridge...what an awful shock :cry::cry::cry:
Binky free Jake:cry:
((((((Hugs)))))) to you LL, I'm keeping you in my thoughts. xxxx

They don't usually run out of hay before I give hem their next lot :(

I just feel he was so healthy it must be my doing

Aw Laura, don't blame yourself. I know it's a shock now but At least jake went at a time of no suffering and running about enjoying himself.
Binky free jake xx

Laura don't blame yourself. Its natural to think that but of course it wasn't you. Sadly so many bunnies die suddenly because we know they hide their pain. It could have been something genetic, like a heart problem.

A few hours without water wouldn't cause a problem, it would have to be at least a day or two and the same about the hay. You are grieving. (((((Hugs)))))

I'm sorry for your loss.
R.I.P Jake
My rabbit passed away recently too unexpectedly. I can understand what you must be feeling.

Back