• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update Op needed Adopt bun with Misaligned Jaw?

Kipper

Mama Doe
Was in pets at home today & saw a gorgeous little white nethie He's 4 months old & has a misaligned jaw supposedly caused by another rabbit he was living with before he arrived in the adoption centre Has anyone else heard of another rabbit causing such a problem? I personally think it may have been a 2 legged rabbit commonly known as "human" & suspect he may have been dropped onto something I checked his teeth & the lower front incisors need trimmed already so this little one is going to need some special care He's going to see their vet tomorrow & I'm going to get some more info. I've rung my vet & checked out dental bills. Anyone else with a bun with same problem apart from dentals are there any other possible probs?

Last edited:
Rung Pets at Home & vet has agreed to remove front teeth top & bottom I've also asked that they neuter him at the same time so he only has one GA He's having his op on Thu so this little bun is going to need lots of vibes

Thank you I'll do that :) He's so tiny & been through so much in such a short time alive He's currently called Snowy but I will probably change it to something more masculine

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have both done at the same time, he'll be learning to eat in a different way and he'll have had his balls removed too... that's a lot to deal with at once and it may discourage him from eating post-neuter.

My rabbit savvy vet said it would be ok to do both together unfortunately he isn't the one performing the procedure it's the PAH vet & they've now come back to say it will have to be 2 separate ops because the neuter is done using a voucher. This means Snowy will have to have 2 GA & it will longer unt he can live a normal life eg possibly bonding him :(

My rabbit savvy vet said it would be ok to do both together unfortunately he isn't the one performing the procedure it's the PAH vet & they've now come back to say it will have to be 2 separate ops because the neuter is done using a voucher. This means Snowy will have to have 2 GA & it will longer unt he can live a normal life eg possibly bonding him :(

But he can come home with you and be happy in the meantime :)

Back