• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stop being friends because of her bunnys?

Bunny9930

Young Bun
I had a friend who bought two rabbits a doe called salt and a buck called pepper and every time I went there she used to let them out to run around and stuff but after a few months she stopped giving them fresh water so the water bottle became green with mold I tried to tell her that what she was doing was wrong but she didnt listen and after a while they had unexpected babies

She couldnt afford to get them spade or neutered so she gave pepper away

After that everytime I went there salt would have no hay or water so I told her again that what she was doing was wrong and I left her for good

Since then which was a year ago I have told her about my new buns and I asked her about salt she replied with "she died" when I asked why the replie was "because we never fed her" and a laugh I was in total shock! She got salt at the age of 3 months old and she didnt even live to see 2

My ex friend also has had many cats but they run away because she never feeds them or gives them water so that is the reason I stopped being her friend.

I don't think I was being harsh at all but what she was doing was now I realise classed as animal cruelty what do you guys think about the whole thing?

I think I would report her to RSPCA:evil: If shes still got the cats they will do spot checks to see how they're being kept. I have lost a few friends because of the way they treat their animals (and the fact I cant keep my mouth shut when I see them being cruel or neglectful:oops:) but tbh if it makes them think about their care I'm not worried. I always try to be polite and tactful...if it continues or gets worse then I have to say something:oops:

Can't believe you didn't report her. That is horrid animal cruelty.

If she had a child and didn't feed it or give it water then it would be taken away - same concept with a pet.

I wouldn't want to be friends with someone that thought it was okay to continually neglect an animal and starve it to death - that's just sadistic.

I would report her to try and stop her getting more animals and doing the same, and then I would explain that I don't agree with the way she treats/cares for animals, and I no longer want to be friends.

I've been through the same, a 'friend' of mine wanted to keep breeding her rabbit until she got an exact replica because she 'loved her so much'. :roll: Then she went on Facebook and went on about how sad she was that her hamster died when she bred her aged nearly 2 :roll:

The fact that she laughed shows she's not just neglectful, she's cruel. I wouldn't want to know someone like that. You couldn't trust her with anything, she's not a good human being. Well done for reporting her xx

What an awful woman, how could anyone treat another living thing that way? Well done you for reporting her xx

Glad you have reported her... Sorry , i couldnt call someone who did that to their animals, a friend!...

She would be classed as someone lower than the sole of my shoe...

Fee x

Thanks you to everyone who agrees with my point and I will show the RSPCA this aswell thanks once again to all of you lovley caring people

Hope the rspca ban her from having any pets.
My cousins bunny died because he didn't feed her.
he never got back to me when I gave him details of a local rescue when he wanted to get rid of her.

Back