• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I knew it would work...

Automaton539

Warren Scout
I figured if I made them come to me for food and climb up on my lap whilst eating, aling with repeated attempts at petting, that it would eventually pay off... Only works while I have food though. For now.

IMAG0316_zps789ce532.jpg

IMAG0317_zpsb2e111ad.jpg

Well done its a wonderful feeling when they finally trust you enough to touch them So worth all the time spent :D

Awww, that's big progress, well done!

If you think of it from their point of view, when they are first getting to know you they don't know how dangerous you might be (remember rabbits are prey species) so there has to be a big pay off (food) for them to take the risk. As they get to know you and relax then they'll start coming just for the nose rubs... well that and just to make sure you're not hiding treats :lol:

Haha, indeed. Once they're done with what's in the bowl they start nosing around and nudging me, sniffing at my hands and such to make sure there's nothing left. That said though, unless I can get Dizzy to stop eating my sofa I migh have to cage them instead of letting them run free in the living room. :-( :-( :-(

Back