• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changes in rabbit behaviour.

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
Can it be normal?
about 2 1/2 months ago we moved he Buns area to under the stairs and threw away his old rug - I cut off a square to go in the litter tray so he would know where pee, it seemed to be going fine and he was using it but the last few weeks he has started peeing and doing most of his poos in the living room, which is a nightmare and in the last week he has got nervous of us (probably because we were lifting him off the sofa) and has been running away when we go to stroke him and then trying to bite when we have to get him out of the living room at night. I dont want to ban him from the living room because that would be mean. i just dont understand whats going on, he has also been eating less pellets....

Hiya :wave: I don't know really, but didn't want to say nothing! How old is he? Is he a single bun? Neutered? Is his health otherwise ok? What are his droppings like?

Try adding a second try in the middle of the area he's using in the living room. Then transfer any accidents to it. If you can get him in a habit of using the new tray, not only is it less messy you can then gradually move it to a more convenient location.

Try not picking him up for awhile and start from scratch with the handling to build up his confidence: http://www.therabbithouse.com/behaviour/problem-picking-rabbit-up.asp

Try adding a second try in the middle of the area he's using in the living room. Then transfer any accidents to it. If you can get him in a habit of using the new tray, not only is it less messy you can then gradually move it to a more convenient location.

Try not picking him up for awhile and start from scratch with the handling to build up his confidence: http://www.therabbithouse.com/behaviour/problem-picking-rabbit-up.asp

thanks for this, I will definately try this if he pees anymore in the living room, having said that I was away for a week and he has been better now im back according to my boyfriend - andrew was looking after him for me, andrew always looks after Bun its him who cleans him out and stuff and I always thought Bun liked andrew more but maybe not haha.....

Back