• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nightmare! Dana is in stasis u/d 3/6/13

willowflower27

Mama Doe
I ended up in hospital yesterday will spare you the details but I wasn't around to give Evan his medication so no painrelief etc so he is unfortunately much worse and my decision for surgery/pts is imminent.
(my gran tried to give his meds but was unable to)
However now Dana is totally off food and has eaten a fair amount of newspaper gran didn't think it was an issue been to vets zantac metocloprimide metacam and fluids she seems uncomfortable still and is still obsessed by newspaper cardboard carpet etc. I've researched and what I come up with is that she is trying to get fibre? Would that be right?
If so could I offer readigrass whilst she's poorly on another day i would probably be a bit more savvy but its been a horrific 24 hours.
No blockage teeth were checked lungs clear x-ray fine vet thinks probably stress induced we are quite close her and I plus I don't think two paramedics helped either as she's not great with strangers.

Last edited:
Oh no, what a horribly stressful time you are having :cry:

I really hope that both you and Dana feel better soon.

I am really sorry that Evan is still struggling :cry:

Sending vibes for you, Dana and poor wee Evan ((((((((((((((((((((Healing vibes)))))))))))))))) xxxx

Hi thank you for the replies
Evan is still the same syringing food and things are moving through now his meds have started again but its like putting a plaster on a severed artery his final appointment will be made soon
Dana is eating and pooping they are small and she's still a bit tender n her abdomen but hopefully on the mend fingers crossed I caught her early

Dana turn for the worse major abdominal pain waiting on vet call back as dealing with emergency but have ok'd me to give fluids subcutaneous take a blood glucose and we will take it from there but I've arranged a lift to the vet as I'm guessing she will require x-rays and more motility drugs after blockage ruled out. Stopped pooing at 5pm and no gut sounds present either side so worried about her I can't face losing them both

Ooohh... hugs and vibes..... come on little girly... get well for Mummy..

good lad Evan! keep nomming and pooing

lots of love

Fee xxx

Just back from vet minus Dana they are keeping her in for x-rays iv fluids as she's bit dehydrated syringe feeding and meds after blockage ruled out although vet fairly certain its not a blockage more likely the stress of the past few days

Feel so rubbish about the whole situation if she hadn't witnessed me collapse and got so upset she wouldn't be in stasis I could cry she's my girl we are so close I love both my bunnies but she is a sweety loves people even after her previous owner burned her with cigarettes :(
Any vibes appreciated as they never really found out why she was so poorly last year and I'm terrified this is a flare up I nearly lost her in October

Back