• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kitten update.- update, post 23

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Penny and Rufus are growing up!:D

FA52240D-ABC0-4954-93ED-8863DFE7402F-238-0000001ED9AD9B8C.jpg

BCF441AE-A75D-4E64-82D9-D8212E0F55DD-238-0000001ECE99F85C.jpg

Last edited:
They are totally adorable:love:

Will you try and rehome them together? It would be sad for them to have to separate after all they have been through but I guess it may be more difficult to have them adopted as a pair.

You've done really well to get them this far given all their problems. You obviously make a good surrogate kitten Mum xxx

I think they will be staying. Given the fact that Rufus will probably be lame ( may still need an amputation but thankfully less likely) and Penny's co-ordination problems, they will qualify as sanctuary animals.:oops::D

:love::love::love: Very cute kitties.

I have the same pet carrier. The buttons on the front and back drive us crazy. :lol: Always think they will pop open.

I think they will be staying. Given the fact that Rufus will probably be lame ( may still need an amputation but thankfully less likely) and Penny's co-ordination problems, they will qualify as sanctuary animals.:oops::D

That's great - means they get to stay together AND have a fantastic forever home. They really have fallen on their paws.

They both look totally adorable:love:

They are developing quickly. They are now responding to my voice and know I'm mum. They are still sleeping a lot, which I'm happy with as I feel it's very healing. Next week we will pop them into a bigger dog crate and see how they go. I'm concerned that increased stimulation will trigger a fit in Penny, but hope not. She has symptoms similar to mild cerebral hyperplasia which may affect her co-ordination but they are so young and wobbly it's hard to assess how she will develop.

Last edited:
A wee update on the Halfpenny kittens, they are about 6 weeks old now!
Rufus's leg has completely healed and his is not lame.
Penny still has a head tremor but only when worried or excited. We think she may have issues with judging distance, possibly eyesight problems.
They are both pretty much weaned and have been moved into a dog crate in our bedroom so they meet the other cats safely.

Rufus, in the front.
4D6F22AA-3E65-4044-BC4B-DAEE9D09B1D0-1964-0000017F1DC941F3.jpg

Penny.
829C2CA4-8811-4574-8C8B-BAF26BA646F8-1964-0000017F440DEED5.jpg

Last edited:
Back