• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice on new run

nkariuz

Warren Scout
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had dealt with http://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk/

I am looking for a big run for my house rabbits and asked dave to quote me for a run approx 28 feet long, 14 feet wide and 4 feet high.

I was quoted £1150 which seemed a fair price.

Before I spent that kind of money, I wanted to know if anyone had bought a run or dealt with this website before.

Thanks.

I've never bought from them, but that sounds amazing - can't be very much smaller than my entire garden!
Very lucky bunnies :)

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had dealt with http://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk/

I am looking for a big run for my house rabbits and asked dave to quote me for a run approx 28 feet long, 14 feet wide and 4 feet high.

I was quoted £1150 which seemed a fair price.

Before I spent that kind of money, I wanted to know if anyone had bought a run or dealt with this website before.

Thanks.

I did buy from them, I bought my run from them.
To be honest, I found the quality to be really poor and the run arrived broken.
The mesh isn't strong either, and when a mis-aimed football hit the mesh, 'un-stapled' the mesh basically.

Not, if a football can get through the mesh, I'm sure a fox can. Even a rabbit with determination.

Part of it is my fault since I bought the run and then kept it in storage for 5 months, so I think the returns thing had run out by then.
Still, I'd be concerned that it was sent out like that.

I wouldn't buy from them again in all honesty. :( It's as the old saying goes I'm afraid, you get what you pay for.
And I learned that lesson the hard way.

Yes, I have just bought one of his hut and runs. I found him to be very helpful, he answered all of my (probably inane) questions quickly and when the run arrived it was well packaged, good quality and easy to put together. Two weeks in i am still really pleased with the run, my only qualm is that it is too heavy to move by myself and the buns are running out of grass ;) I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again! :thumb:

If they are going to have all that space, could they not have a room with a baby gate on the door? Would save you about £1130!

Or you could just create a barrier to section off part of the room with either run panels or something like this: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.309266595853006.68615.274922292620770&type=3

Just thinking it would save you money and look nicer... and run panels can be a pain to clean when they are against a wall and hay falls through the mesh!

Thanks for your replies.

The run will sit roughly 6 -7 meters away from the house, and it was to let my house bunnies to get some grass times at nights and weekends.

I had thought about drilling a hole in the wall and put one of those run around systems in so the bunnies could move from their room to the grass whenever they wanted.

Currently they have a bedroom to themselves during the day and get to run around the full house when i am home.

I did have a temporary run set up in garden but was not secure and i always had to be there.

Thank you for links, the more space for pets one looks good.

I had thought of a shed with a big run set up, but i would miss getting pestered every 5 mins for nose rubs and everything in house would have less teeth marks :)

Back