• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boss switch around?

Biff and Bramble have been humping the life out of each other for the past two months.

Ever since we've had them, it has always been Bramble who has been the most dominant
but recently, Biffy has been a little rascal, for the first time since we have had them he's been humping Brambles.

This then results in her chasing him usually, but today she just sat there and let him, once we saw it happening though we shouted no at him, I don't want either of them fighting or nipping each other.
I'm so confused, is he trying to be the boss now, or is it just spring fever?

They're a brother and sister couple, but they're always snuggled up and grooming each other.
I'm just incredibly confused, has anyone else been in a similar situation?
:wave:

Last year two of my rabbits switched roles. The girl used to be the boss but last spring she tried to hump the boy and they had a bit of a fight. I had to watch them closely for a good month but in the end it all settled down and now he's the boss.

If he is humping and she is letting him, you shouldn't stop it, just let them get on with it. Only if it causes a fight should you intervene. Chasing is normally and you should only stop it if it gets out of control.

Thankyou :wave:
I usually stop it when I can see bramble trying to nip him.
She's back to being the boss at the minute, so I'll keep a close eye on them.

Back