• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused about breed of my bun ( pics)

bunkin

Warren Veteran
When asked I say he is a grey breed:thumb:

Told other day by someone who knows rabbits he is a seal point but he looks just like someone elses perlfee. Hope someone can confirm from these photos.

He looks a lot like my Perlfee, but I'm not good at guessing breeds. I was told that my Perlfee was a rex when I got her, and I quickly realised that she wasn't!

Seal point is colour and markings, not a breed, isn't it? He isn't a seal point I don't think, colouring and markings are wrong.

The markings are 'fox', I believe, like my Annabella. Although it is hard to tell from the photos, because if there is an orangey or yellowy tinge then it would be otter... but the photos seem to show all white underneath and around the facial features.

No idea on breed, but if he isn't from a show breeder he is likely a cross/mix. His coat looks short and lacking in guard hairs but not as short as a rex's but again it's hard to tell from those photos.

He's an extremely beautiful bun regardless of his breed - what is his name?

Hope someone can tell you by the way :D

Seal point is colour and markings, not a breed, isn't it? He isn't a seal point I don't think, colouring and markings are wrong.

The markings are 'fox', I believe, like my Annabella. Although it is hard to tell from the photos, because if there is an orangey or yellowy tinge then it would be otter... but the photos seem to show all white underneath and around the facial features.

No idea on breed, but if he isn't from a show breeder he is likely a cross/mix. His coat looks short and lacking in guard hairs but not as short as a rex's but again it's hard to tell from those photos.

He is grey and all white on tummy and around eyes - no orangey or yellowy at all anywhere. His coat is short and soft but not very short.

He does look absolute spit of lily rabbit.

He is called :oops:bunny or bunbun. Stops any confusion!

Yeah, my OH looked at the pictures and said that he was pretty certain that your rabbit was the same breed as Lily. We decided that she must be Perlfee because we spent months trying to compare her to other breeds and it was clear that she didn't really fit with any until we saw a picture of someone's perflee, and we knew instantly that this is what she was. If you have found the same thing, then I would also think that yours is a Perlfee too. Trying to find images of them is quite tricky because it turns out they are considered to be quite rare, but try to compare Bunny to as many Perlfee images as possible. Then you can feel more confident about it. :)

Yeah, my OH looked at the pictures and said that he was pretty certain that your rabbit was the same breed as Lily. We decided that she must be Perlfee because we spent months trying to compare her to other breeds and it was clear that she didn't really fit with any until we saw a picture of someone's perflee, and we knew instantly that this is what she was. If you have found the same thing, then I would also think that yours is a Perlfee too. Trying to find images of them is quite tricky because it turns out they are considered to be quite rare, but try to compare Bunny to as many Perlfee images as possible. Then you can feel more confident about it. :)

Yea, looking at bunny and having checked other Perlfee's I think that (s)he might be too. Think that's what you have. :-D

Back