• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

that gut feeling you get that something isn't right..

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i've got it with bisc.. :( i don't even know why. hope i am just being paranoid but now i will be waiting almost for something to become more obvious. :(

you know what i mean.. where there isn't anything specific, just something making you think they aren't quite right? :?

Yes, I'm totally with you. But you don't want to go rushing off to the vet because there's no actual symptoms present - just a feeling. I think your gut feeling is normally right. There IS something wrong but usually it's something small which passes and they're soon back to normal. Flora and Benji were recently acting 'out of character' and were reluctant to come out into the garden to free-range. Turns out the heron had been paying a visit and I finally saw him sat on their shed roof whilst they were thumping away merrily inside.

I think the fact that you are so in tune with your pets that you recognise when something's a little out of kilter, despite there being no symptoms, means that when the tiniest of symptoms does present itself, you'll be at the vets so quickly that a full recovery is likely (assuming there is a medical condition present).

going to 'capture' him in a bit and check him over. last time he seemed this way, his heel was on the verge of cracking again. might be that.

his heel isn't too bad. it looks like a little part of it cracked so i bathed it and put honey on, but i would be surprised if that is what is wrong with him.

he has been on treatment for mites lately so it could 'just' be that. it's not like him to get mites though :?

he has some dried poop stuck on his bum and even had some on his foot and on his tummy. it's not like him to not be spotlessly clean. :?

he's been doing binkies today so he can't feel too bad, but then at times he does his 'ill face' :?

his heel isn't too bad. it looks like a little part of it cracked so i bathed it and put honey on, but i would be surprised if that is what is wrong with him.

he has been on treatment for mites lately so it could 'just' be that. it's not like him to get mites though :?

he has some dried poop stuck on his bum and even had some on his foot and on his tummy. it's not like him to not be spotlessly clean. :?

he's been doing binkies today so he can't feel too bad, but then at times he does his 'ill face' :?

Damn mites. Mr B has them too, I was scratching so much I though I might have them. :shock: I don't, asked the gp. :oops:

When they have minor problems we worry more. Hope Bisc is more normal tomorrow.

Sending vibes and prayers for Bisc that it's just a bump and he'll get past it and be okay.
I know that feeling. I think I get it too often with mine, it's hard to tell exactly when it should be heeded or when to wait.
Hope he will be okay without a vet visit. xxxx

bisc seems fine. better than yesterday. he's been doing binkies again outside so can't be feeling that bad.

hopefully it's nothing major. he probably hates having mites and the feeling of having the spot on aswell. he hates wet and/or messed up fur.

just bathed bisc's heel for him and applied honey. also trimmed his front nails (did the back ones yesterday) and got majorly thumped at :oops:

he seems fine in himself though now. he's been really happy today, out in the garden eating grass :love:

Back