• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How vocal are your bunnies?

Do they make a lot of noise? And what noises do they make?

Biffy is really vocal, he makes really high pitched grunts when he's happy. :love:
I think sometimes he makes these noises when he feels like he's not getting enough attention too :lol:
Bramble rarely makes noise, only when she's annoyed, and they're quite deep grunts!

What about your buns?

Ludo does happy grunts sometimes. They're not that loud, Harry was louder. He also makes quite a lot of noise when he thumps! :lol::lol:

He's honked twice when he got really cross. (He got cross because I was too slow taking the lid off the food tin). :roll:

apart from their snuffle noises, nothing really. when matt thumps though he sometimes does a low growl :shock:

Ludo does happy grunts sometimes. They're not that loud, Harry was louder. He also makes quite a lot of noise when he thumps! :lol::lol:

He's honked twice when he got really cross. (He got cross because I was too slow taking the lid off the food tin). :roll:

We get that too! I didn't get the pellets out the bag quick enough for Biff the other day :lol:

Twinkle growled and ground her teeth when she was ill, apart from that the only thing they do is snore which is just the cutest noise ever. When they were inside we even turned the tv off to listen to them:lol:

Bobo grunts like a wee pig at food time:love:

Harley makes a squealing sound when she's :censored: off at me (when I'm brushing her or checking her bum) - she squeals then thumps ... I think it is so cute:?

The lops are fairly quiet.

Pixie honks, well, I dont know if ots a honk but its a kinda squeak, she does it at barious times (cross, scared, content). I found it weird at first as my other two never made a sound!!

Pixie honks, well, I dont know if ots a honk but its a kinda squeak, she does it at barious times (cross, scared, content). I found it weird at first as my other two never made a sound!!

Ludo's honk sounds like a goose, it's really loud!

Pierre grunts at everything. Sometimes he squeals when he doesn't want to get in his vet box. We literally just put the box in the pen and he hates it. Bernie makes loud swallowing noises when eating poo. It's louder than a tv

Barney honks constantly when he is let out in the evening. It sounds a bit like a buzzing noise! Lily grunts when she gets excited, or if Barney comes up to her. But if this happens, her grunt turns into a kind of squeal. Not sure what this means :? :lol:

my old nethie rosie was the most vocal rabbit ever, she talked all the time, whether I cry for me to cuddle her, to telling people off, and to calling her best friend

I remember when she was 2years old, and nan and granddad where round in garden as was nice out it had gone dark, and rosie ran out and started crying out at them, and they where like :shock: weve never heard a rabbit do that before so loud, she was telling them off to say go home :lol:

was only thinking about her the other day actually as mabel has now started to do a grunt cry as a way of saying no mummy I don't want to go indoors yet, when I let her play out or when she is at nans and then its homes time

Bella does her excited buzzing noise whenever she gets excited :) Usually at breakfast/dinner time and when she sees me after I've been away for a while :love:

I got honked at yesterday for accidentally waking him up.. Twice. :oops:

He makes a little clicky noise too with his teeth I think. Not really sure what it means. :lol: He binkys occassionally when he does it sometimes so maybe it's a 'I'm too lazy to tooth purr' kinda thing.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Bella also does a really weird tooth purr type of thing! It's really loud and sounds more like the grinding noise they do when in pain, but she does it when she's flopped out on the rug and being "groomed" by me so I don't think that's the case! Scared me the first time I heard it though.

Back