• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies New Herb Garden

BellaBunnies

Young Bun

I bought a little herb garden kit at the weekend and potted it up with some nom nom herbs for my bunnies :) We have sage, curly leaf parsley, thyme & mint :)

The chives are for me and the OH (I have read chives are in the onion family and shouldn't be given to rabbits)

Last edited:
They look amazing, it is a really good idea :)

My two love herbs, I have lost a rosemary, lavender, and basil plant to their little little teeth so far!

Looks great, I bet that smells lovely! Don't let them near it unsupervised though :lol:

Looks great, I bet that smells lovely! Don't let them near it unsupervised though :lol:
if it were my buns i wouldnt let them near it anyway they are that determined lol!!!!

i usually hav a couple of pots of basil on the windowsill nd i use the leaves as treats for wen my buns do as theyre told, herb pots are lovely for a constant source of fresh treats but those look wayy too small to start cutting leaves yet id leave them to grow a bit first, and make sure u put them on a table or sumwer out of reach cos esp the parsley is a yummy one! for the future, or if u want to give them leaves now the cheapest ive found is pots of ready to eat living basil (and other herbs) in lidls for 99p, they hav more leaves to start with so if u put them in a big pot like those r in itll go huge in no time :D

gd luck with ur herb garden xx

Thanks for your comments - the herbs are far away from my rabbits! haha

I bought the chives from aldi - the thyme, sage & parsley from my local market and half inched the mint from my mums garden ;) :lol:

Back