• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else's do this????

carolebe

Warren Scout
It's pouring down with rain & my french lop insists on sitting out in it??? He has a playhouse so plenty of room & does go in there sometimes (he's shut away in there at night) but I seem to be constantly towelling him off! I've been to let him out this morning & as soon as his breakfast was gone he just sat in the rain! He was drenched when I went to check he was ok. I'm not overly concerned with it not being freezing (he wouldn't be out all day if it was freezing AND raining!!) but I don't understand why anyone would want to sit in the rain???

Hi :wave: you'll find that many bunnies love sitting in the rain!!!!:roll::roll: What are they like?!!!!

Estelle runs for cover and Frankie does occasionally!!! Frankie will hide under a large suspended play pipe, but of course the rain runs around the pipe and onto him.:lol::lol: He wil lnever learn..........................

Hi :wave: you'll find that many bunnies love sitting in the rain!!!!:roll::roll: What are they like?!!!!

Estelle runs for cover and Frankie does occasionally!!! Frankie will hide under a large suspended play pipe, but of course the rain runs around the pipe and onto him.:lol::lol: He wil lnever learn..........................

Thanks for the reply - I worry ridiculously sometimes & it would really bother me in winter as I'd be worrying he'd get hypothermia or something but just didn't want to do wrong by him by allowing him to do it! I figured if he's got shelter he'll use it but seemingly not! I'd hate to think he was shut in all day while I was at work purely because it was raining when I left... :wave:

Thanks for the reply - I worry ridiculously sometimes & it would really bother me in winter as I'd be worrying he'd get hypothermia or something but just didn't want to do wrong by him by allowing him to do it! I figured if he's got shelter he'll use it but seemingly not! I'd hate to think he was shut in all day while I was at work purely because it was raining when I left... :wave:

Wild bunnies don't get hypothermia and they often sit in the rain!

I always think as long as they ave somewhere warmer and dry to go if they want then if they choose to sit out they must be ok!

Yeh Stu sits in the rain, yesterday I went out and towelled him off a bit as he was soaked, and he went straight out in it again :roll: so I gave up :lol: and stayed in the dry watching the stupid thing Binky in the rain:love:

My bun doesn't even like getting her feet wet when it's been raining, let alone sit out in it. She's obviously a big wimp :lol: x

Back