• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A big Thank You to Hopper Haven XX

Rabcat

Mama Doe
I have 7 buns - my gorgeous 7 dwarfs :D

Since having them me and my OH haven't been able to go away together for over a year what with settling the buns in, having them neutered and vaccinated etc as they arrived at different times. I've visited relatives away and he has stayed home to look after the buns and I did the same when he took his little girl on holiday.

Anyway we decided to go away for a week and I found boarding near us for all 7 of them. Great I thought and then 2 of my buns started with snuffles again. They had been treated before and seemed to have recovered - hence booking the holiday.

I told the boarders and they had to turn them down - I did understand but the holiday was already booked :oops: As you can imagine I panicked and thought the holiday would have to be cancelled as I don't know anyone who could look after them.

Then I spoke to a lovely lady at Hopper Haven in Redditch who said that she would not only board them all for us but would deal with any meds as required! She didn't even flinch at the idea of boarding my poorly buns or the fact that they live in 3 separate groups and in fact gave some very good advice about their care etc.

I couldn't believe my luck! I had google'd to see if there was such a thing as boarding for poorly buns, as I'm sure that this has happened to others too, but found nothing. I know that boarders have a responsibility to the buns they care for and am glad that they do have these standards. My vet thought I would find somewhere with quarantine facilities for buns with illnesses etc.

Anyway this is to say a big Thank You to Hopper Haven for being there!! Xxx :love:

Louise is brilliant with the rabbits, my daughter boarded her two there a few years ago.:D

Thank you for that :wave:

Louise gave me a lot of confidence about leaving my poorly buns. I'll be able to relax knowing that she will spot any problems. I must admit that I have been worried about leaving them but I'm not now!

Louise works miracles with all the buns who are poorly but lucky enough to meet her :love:

So glad you can go away worry free too :wave:

Louise works miracles with all the buns who are poorly but lucky enough to meet her :love:

So glad you can go away worry free too :wave:

Hiya :wave:

I think that this has turned out for the best in the end. Funny how things work out sometimes.

I really did feel better for talking to Louise. Apart from RU I don't have anyone to talk to properly about my buns as most people see them as not much different to hamsters :shock:

I always get really surprised looks when I tell people that they can live for 10 years or so and that they have very strong characters. :roll:

I'm looking forward to meeting your fluffy family ..... and you can definitely rest assured that they'll be safe and well cared for by Lou :D

Back