• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone with New Zealand Whites or other big REWs?

Bess&George

Warren Scout
Just curious really as I don't think I've seen pictures of any?

I have two New Zealand Whites, they are not purebreeds though, you can tell from their wonky ears and they are slightly smaller too, at least based on what I've read.
I wasn't too keen on getting two REWs to begin with but couldn't resist these two after I met them, especially as the rescuer said no one had even been to see them because of their looks!:(

This is a picture of them from when they first moved in. :love:

I have a ginormous, very cheeky, very stubborn New Zealand white :D how funny are your buns ears!

He is bonded to a REW nethie, but she is sadly rather poorly at the moment with EC.

This is Daisy, she is a NZW :love:

DSCF9915_zpsb461372e.jpg

I have a ginormous, very cheeky, very stubborn New Zealand white :D how funny are your buns ears!

He is bonded to a REW nethie, but she is sadly rather poorly at the moment with EC.

oh no, sorry to hear your bun is poorly, sending lots of vibes.

Bess and George - your pair are beautiful

ripminnie - as is Daisy

Jaysmonkey - we don't get enough pics of Miss Gracie Goosie. More please.

Bex - vibes for your little girlie. I'd love to see a pic of little and large!

OOOOO...It makes me sad to think REWS and agoutis and black bunnies get overlooked in rescues. They're all stunning!

:wave:

Even I remember thinking before I adopted my rabbits that the colour is irrelevant as long as it isn't albino, black or agouti!:oops: Not sure why!

I even told the rescue I wasn't interested when they first suggested the two NZWs, so glad now that I changed my mind!

ripminnie - as is Daisy

OOOOO...It makes me sad to think REWS and agoutis and black bunnies get overlooked in rescues. They're all stunning!

ripminnie - as is Daisy

Thank you, she's certainly putting up a very good fight!

Here is my big monster

DSCN3974.jpg

Flying!
DSCN3957.jpg

Not the best pics I have of him but I'm on my phone at the moment. Shall dig out a picture of little and large when I manage to get on my computer!

I had a NZW who was an ex lab/meat bun. He was originally called Pip but we changed his name to Bobby after he was in police custody for months. If you search 'REW 8' on here, you might be able to find out the story.

Unfortunately he has passed away now but he had a great life here.

ETA He is in my signature pic below.

Last edited:
I had a NZW who was an ex lab bun. He was originally called Pip but we changed his name to Bobby after he was in police custody for months. If you search 'REW 8' on here, you might be able to find out the story.

Vicky still has 2 of the REW 8 :love: Infact, i've just taken one home to her today after bonding him with his wifey :love: I must say, i could've easily stolen him. NZW's are such gorgeous rabbits x

Neither Frankie or Estelle have red eyes, but quite a few REW'S have lived here with me in the past. I think they have beautiful eyes which remind me of sparkling rubys.:love::love::love:

I had a NZW who was an ex lab bun. He was originally called Pip but we changed his name to Bobby after he was in police custody for months. If you search 'REW 8' on here, you might be able to find out the story.

Hi Justine,

I Was wondering what breed the other white rabbit is in your signature (the middle bun). I rescued a bun with exactly the same markings around the eyes but she also has a black stripe half way down her back. I don't have no idea what her breed (or cross) is?

Hi Justine,

I Was wondering what breed the other white rabbit is in your signature (the middle bun). I rescued a bun with exactly the same markings around the eyes but she also has a black stripe half way down her back. I don't have no idea what her breed (or cross) is?

Hi, I never found out if she was a specific breed. Most people said she was a cross. She also had blue eyes as well as the black markings around the eyes. Here is a pic of the markings on her back.

awhhh always wondered what happened to the REW 8, so glad he eventually got to have a good life with you!:D

I have a NZW called Casper and i have previously had two others! they are one of my favourite breeds as they are such gentle souls! I also had a REW frenchie who was beautiful but she was a bit of a fiesty girl!

Back