• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One Eared Bun & His Mum

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Bambi and her one eared son Lugsy are new arrivals. The story is the previous owners found Bambi and another bun as strays (there were others, but they couldn't catch them), kept them together unneutered, and they had a litter with just two surviving buns, Lugsy and his brother. I forget what happened to the original male, but Bambi and her two sons were living together in a 3ft cage, all unneutered. Bambi had another litter, and ate the babies. Lugsy's brother was rehomed, then Bambi had another litter, this time they found one half eaten baby. That was last week, and when they realised they needed help.

Bambi has gone for an emergency spay today, just in case. She's a sweet, friendly little girl, probably around 18months-2 years old:

Here's her son, the one eared Lugsy. I don't know if he was born without an ear or if Bambi ate it, but there's nothing there at all, just a hole. He's about one year old and a little shy. He'll be neutered and vaccinated once he's settled in.

The are both so gorgeous! <3 That sounds like a horrible life, so glad she's safe now :D

What beautiful big eyes :love:

Gorgeous bunnies, glad they're safe with you now. How does it take someone that long to realise they need help? :?

bless him :love: that's a very neat missing ear much different to the nibbled ones I've seen before! Hope mum pulls through her GA well xx

The previous owners were really upset to be leaving them too. It must have been so stressful for Bambi to keep having litters with a male or two in the cage with her :(

Oh bless him, him and sprout need to start a one eared bunny club :love:

They have a full set between them! :lol:

bless him :love: that's a very neat missing ear much different to the nibbled ones I've seen before! Hope mum pulls through her GA well xx

I've never seen one with no eat at all, there's usually a bit of a stump left.

I haven't heard from the vet, so hopefully no news is good news :) Dylan and Thumper are going for their vaccinations shortly, so I'll find out more then.

Haha, they both have the same ear missing! Plus Sprout is also missing a tail :(

We had a pair of up eared boys they had all their ears missing. One of the ears didn't have a stump, there was nothing there at all. We know mum nibbled them off as young babies :(

Bambi is home from her spay and recovering well :) The vet thinks she was pregnant again, so it's a good job I took her today.

Haha, they both have the same ear missing! Plus Sprout is also missing a tail :(

We had a pair of up eared boys they had all their ears missing. One of the ears didn't have a stump, there was nothing there at all. We know mum nibbled them off as young babies :(

Poor Sprout. Is there a photo thread of him? I can't find one :oops: Are they more at risk from infections or anything without ears?

Bronte who was here last year didn't have a tail.

I guess with Bambi's history of eating her babies she most likely chewed his ear off.

Back