• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny

midori1999

Alpha Buck
I wasn't really sure where to post this...

After much thought over the last few weeks since first seeing her, but especially since the weekend, when I finally asked about her, I brought home a new bun from the PAH adoption centre today. The details they had on her were a bit sketchy, but I spoke to the chap who has been looking after her mostly today and he was really nice as it turned out. She is 3 years old and has been in the adoption centre for 10 months. She was very aggressive when she first came in and had been having phantom pregnancies and then turned out to have uterine cancer apparently. They had her neutered about 6 weeks ago, so hopefully that will help with everything.

I managed to get her into my vet for vaccinating and a health check on the way home so I didn't have to take her out again later in the week and he has given her a clean bill of health and clipped her claws too. No signs of aggression from her there.

She's currently just in a temporary pen while I decide what to do with her. I planned to get her her own accommodation and then hopefully a husband in future from my local rescue, but although they can't touch, she is within sight/smell of my existing male/female pair and they all seem quite chilled out about it, so if that continues I may think about introductions, but that's obviously quite a big step, so I may stick with the original plan.

Her name is dash and I quite like it, so I think I'll keep it. :D

Aww she is pretty! :love:
I would want more information about the eledged uterine cancer though, I am no expert so dont know, would having her spayed cure the cancer?

Well apparently it had, but regardless, I couldn't leave her there. We'll just take things as they come and deal with them accordingly. Whatever happens I'll make sure she has a happy life here.

Dash you are very beautiful and very lucky to have been adopted by such a caring and loving new Mum!:thumb:

May your days be full of happiness and sunshine.:love::love:

Back