• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edible logs??????

MoBo

Alpha Buck
Bo my little Netherland dwarf has taken a liking to my skirting around the wood burner that has little led lights in :shock:. Now obviously it's not the easiest thing to repair or replace :roll:, so I was wondering if I gave her a chopped log to chew if it would have any health issues with them both? She is forever after a log from my log basket so it has made me wonder!!

Now I'm not an expert on logs etc but its a mixture of hard wood logs. :lol:

Cheery bobs! :wave:

Bo my little Netherland dwarf has taken a liking to my skirting around the wood burner that has little led lights in :shock:. Now obviously it's not the easiest thing to repair or replace :roll:, so I was wondering if I gave her a chopped log to chew if it would have any health issues with them both? She is forever after a log from my log basket so it has made me wonder!!

Now I'm not an expert on logs etc but its a mixture of hard wood logs. :lol:

Cheery bobs! :wave:
I guess it depends what wood it is? My hubbys mum gave the twins a thick trunk they had chopped off their apple tree as Axl and Rose love apple sticks............little beggars won't touch it lol!

Got the willow sticks and balls........infact we have loads of toys for them!! :lol: We've tried vinegar to stop her from her gnawing the house down!!!

the only problem with willow balls for my two is they don't make them big or tough enough lol i bought them one last week and within one night it was destroyed lol

that has happened with mine, i also put a few pellets inside so when they chewed some pellets came out then they would have to find them

Sounds like you need to provide something yummier.... I'd be careful about the logs for your fire as you don't know which wood they are and some wood is poisonous.

Most bunnies seem to like apple. Sometimes Fluffers sells them in the Sale section, not sure if she is atm. Or I think Twigs is selling some nice thick willow sticks.

Mine wee'd all over the chill and chew mats too. :roll:

I buy those large 'hay' tubes, which are basically large cardboard tubes coated in hay. They absolutely love chewing them up, but it does make a mess. You can also buy little bags of sticks in PAH. I'm sure it works out an expensive way to do it, but at least I know they're safe and they do like chewing them.

Back