• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of prescriptions

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Those of you who have prescriptions (from the vets to buy medication elsewhere) how much do you pay?
It's going to be a lot cheaper for me to buy Metacam online, depending on how much my vet charges to write me a repeat prescription.

My vet charges £10 for the first item and £6 for any others. I get medication for my cat and buy from Viovet online, they are great, next day delivery, really easy, just scan the prescription and away you go.

Some vets do the prescription on repeat of say 3 months so you can just apply to the online chemist monthly and pay monthly, others like mine just do it as one bulk prescription so I get 3 months medication at a time.

It works out for the heart meds my cat takes that I sort of get a month free every quarter doing it online.

My vet charges £10 for the first item and £6 for any others. I get medication for my cat and buy from Viovet online, they are great, next day delivery, really easy, just scan the prescription and away you go.

Some vets do the prescription on repeat of say 3 months so you can just apply to the online chemist monthly and pay monthly, others like mine just do it as one bulk prescription so I get 3 months medication at a time.

It works out for the heart meds my cat takes that I sort of get a month free every quarter doing it online.

That would be worth it, I think online I can get 150ml of Metacam for the same price that my vet charges for 30ml.

Last time I checked, it was £11 for a prescription - about a year ago. You can only get the amount prescribed, though - even if a bigger bottle of metacam may seem better value - and it only keeps for 6 months once opened - so there's no point unless you know you are going to use most of it in that time.

Back