• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My house smells awful

You see I just couldnt put this on facebook, no one would understand:lol: Just hoping no one pops in for a cuppa for a bit:oops: the things we do for rabbits!

You see I just couldnt put this on facebook, no one would understand:lol: Just hoping no one pops in for a cuppa for a bit:oops: the things we do for rabbits!

I would like to try it too so that I have a stash of dry for winter...what temperature do you dry the food on and for how long?

I would like to try it too so that I have a stash of dry for winter...what temperature do you dry the food on and for how long?

About 150deg and just kept checking them, probably took about 20min per baking tray. The dandilion leaves go crispy quicker so I had them on a separate tray to the flower bits, oh and the white dandilion clocks make a right mess in the oven:lol:, wont make that mistake again!

Ive now got them in a big tupperware box layered with kitchen roll, no lid and sat on a window bottom so they can properly dry out.

It really does smell though, feel a bit queasy

About 150deg and just kept checking them, probably took about 20min per baking tray. The dandilion leaves go crispy quicker so I had them on a separate tray to the flower bits, oh and the white dandilion clocks make a right mess in the oven:lol:, wont make that mistake again!

Ive now got them in a big tupperware box layered with kitchen roll, no lid and sat on a window bottom so they can properly dry out.

It really does smell though, feel a bit queasy

I think I'll give it a go when I've got all the doors and windows open then:lol::lol: Poppy loves my laveteria so I want to dry all of that when I cut it back in Autumn, also all of the fruit bush leaves etc. Do you know how long they will last?

I think I'll give it a go when I've got all the doors and windows open then:lol::lol: Poppy loves my laveteria so I want to dry all of that when I cut it back in Autumn, also all of the fruit bush leaves etc. Do you know how long they will last?

I hadnt thought of doing fruit bushes, I also have a buddliea (butterfly bush) wonder if I could dry the leaves from that??

I did a small amount of dandilions probably about a month/6weeks ago. I just left the lid off the tub and gave them a shake every few days.

the shop bought ones seem to last forever so hopefully the DIY ones will too otherwise Ive made my house stink for nothing:lol:

I hadnt thought of doing fruit bushes, I also have a buddliea (butterfly bush) wonder if I could dry the leaves from that??

I did a small amount of dandilions probably about a month/6weeks ago. I just left the lid off the tub and gave them a shake every few days.

the shop bought ones seem to last forever so hopefully the DIY ones will too otherwise Ive made my house stink for nothing:lol:

Ive bought 6 of the dwarf buddliea for the same thing:D I know Poppy likes Rose leaves as well because she ate my whole patio rose within about 5 mins:shock::lol::lol: I've spent the last two years trying to get her to free range and now she does all my plants are disappearing:lol::lol::lol:

Back