• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chess & Marbles UD She's Gone PM Results

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Baby Chess has been losing weight, so today she's gone for a possible dental, xrays and bloods. She's been wormed, and her sister Baby Marbles is fine. Chess is eating as much as usual and behaving normally, so I'm not sure what's wrong. It could be related to the disability she was born with. I hope it's something treatable.

Here are some pics of them in the garden recently...

Last edited:
Oh no :( I hope she is ok and they find out what it wrong, poor bunny. Sending lots of positive vibes.

They are very beautiful bunnies and lovely pics.

Did you name her Chess after the game? I love chess and I think it is a great name :)

Thank you :)

She came to the rescue as a tiny baby last year with her mum, Lucky. So I named the four babies with a games theme, Bingo, Ludo, Chess & Marbles :)

She's gone :cry: She passed away as soon as she had the GA :cry:

They did an xray anyway, and her guts are 'very odd'. They're going to do a PM now and get back to me.

Apart from the weight loss, she was fine. So happy and friendly.

:cry::cry::cry:

This is the first time I've lost a bun under GA. I feel like I didn't get to say goodbye to her, as I put the carrier in the run so they could both hop in with no stress, and I was optimistic when I left them at the vets. It was a couple of hours later when I suddenly felt something might go wrong. Just yesterday she was running around the garden happily, coming over to me for strokes :cry:

She'd been here since she was one day old :cry: Now Baby Marbles is all alone, they were so close :cry:

:cry::cry::cry: Oh Helen I am so sorry you lost Chess. When you send them for a dental you don't expect they won't be coming home, what an awful shock. Big hug to you. xxx

Oh Helen Mike and I are so so sorry you have lost Chess :cry:

We know how you feel we have lost Chudleigh Flint and Faith and Pud after having dentals, Chuds and Faith both had the dental op to remove spurs and had massive heart attacks
after they came round and poor Pud it was his first and last dental as he had a reaction to the GA and died later that night. :cry:

Binky free forever at the Bridge all well again little one xxxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you and Marbles xxxxxxxx

this is so sad. i often look at the buns on your website and was willing these two beautiful buns to get their forever home. :( sleep tight little one xxx

I've just had the post mortem results from the vet.

When she was spayed in September, the vet couldn't find a uterus, only one abnormal ovary. Today he found a tiny uterus. He also found the stomach exit had a thickened lining, the lymph nodes were enlarged and surrounded by a black fluid, and the adrenal glands were huge.

He thinks she had some kind of hormonal condition that she was born with, he mentioned hyperadrenalcorsti-something. Too many stress hormones in her system, so the GA tipped her over the edge.

The bone deformity in her leg he thinks was caused by a low calcium problem she was born with, so the bone hadn't formed properly.

So she was pretty messed up inside :cry:

Back