• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I attempt a trio? (Bit of a complicated situation!)

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Bear with me, this might be a bit rambly!

I have three bunnies, Cupcake, Pud and Nahla. Cupcake used to be bonded with my bridge bunny Benji, and then with Peanut Butter, she will pretty much bond with anyone. Pud is similar and gets on with Cupcake. Nahla was bonded with Cupcake and Benji for a short time, before a small scuffle turned into full out flying ball of fur fighting, and she had to be separated.

She showed signs of aggression towards Peanut Butter when introduced a few months afterwards, but this was now 2 years ago and I'm wondering if I should risk bonding a trio, despite her previously showing aggression. Lately she's been much friendlier and more inquisitive towards people, and if successful it would make things much easier in terms of housing.

Would you risk it?

I probably would try. You've already got two separate houses for them so if it all falls through you can always keep it like that. Obviously you won't be leaving them to fight or anything so I don't see why not :wave:
I've never bonded buns though, so I may be totally wrong! :lol:

personally i wouldn't risk it as you could end up with 3 singles...but i know some people do have success, i'm just a wimp! :lol:

personally i wouldn't risk it as you could end up with 3 singles...but i know some people do have success, i'm just a wimp! :lol:

They're currently three singles anyway so if that happened it wouldn't make any difference to the current situation! :)

Thanks everyone :)

I have read (on here) that 3 singles is more likely to work that a single being introduced to a bonded pair. Best of luck. All your rabbits are just so pretty.

Back