• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im getting a bit paranoid since Twinkle was ill

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
Twink has had a couple of bouts of statis over the last couple of weeks. I thought it was related to her joint pain, shes on metacam daily and has been for about 3 weeks.

Last Thursday we had her at the vets where they said she was extremely dehydrated and put her on a drip. The got her gut moving again and said she was drinking from a bowl too.

Since then I cant stop watching her. Over the weekend shes been fine so weve had them outside during the day with the patio door open so they had the option of in or out. Then overnight weve had them in the dog crate in the lounge. Ozzie is not impressed, Twinkle just goes quiet.

Last night I saw her drink twice and shes eating fine but she let me stroke her which never happens, this then worried me! Was she letting me stroke her because shes ill again or because shes got used being nearer us humans.

Im paranoid that shes not drinking enough. I saw her drink 3 times yesterday but never for long, maybe half a dozen laps in the bowl, not enough to make much difference to the water level. Ive been wetting the dandilions/grass etc in a bowl of water and they get veg/fruit too. They are now having less pellets and loads of hay to try and get them on an even keel.

Tell me to stop panicing! If she wasnt drinking enough she'd be ill again wouldnt she and shes fine so must be getting enough.

She may be drinking when you're not looking though :)
wetting the herbs etc is a good idea to get more fluids into her.
You could also get some hawthorn as im sure that's good for tummy buns.

There's a thread selling it in general chat, in the items for sale bit at the top, of there's any left.
Just keep an eye on her xxxxx

Back