• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A rare glimpse into Julie's cave complete with pics and her latest antics.

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
As promised some pics from today of the cave. The cave is a large storage box.

The grate on her litter box is to the protect the litter from her. She eats all litter as if was dinner. She always has since a bay and still does. There is rolled up towel in the space between the wall and litter box. She is eating a few sprinkled oats and baby romaine lettuce leaves off it.
Her big bowl of steamed hay was in that space until today. She has to have steamed hay as she now chokes on hay. She is elderly, has dental problems and gobbles her food fast.
She is finally after her problematic dental on Thursday interested in her hay. In her excitement to find the perfect stems of hay combined with weakness in her legs from arthritis she kept falling head first into the bowl and that small space.
I tried pushing the litter box all the way to the back wall of the cave and placing the bowl of hay in the opposite corner of the cave.
This was not acceptable at all to Julie. She stood in the space that the litter box is suppose to be and scratched the cave floor. She did this for a while then started stomping then peed in that spot of the cave floor and stomped her foot in it until I lured her out with food. I put the litter box back and she ran back and jumped on the litter box and pooped. She then climbed into the small space to squish up and sleep but when she wanted back out she was stuck and went nuts trying to get out. I had to help.
The solution that a this point in time that is satisfactory to her is the big rolled up towel in that space. Now if she so desires to sleep there it is at the same level as the litter box so she should be able to get up and out easily. She doesn't want to try that now but she is content and happy.:lol:

More pics.

URL=http://s207.photobucket.com/user/hippyhopster/media/20130527_133919.jpg.html]
20130527_133919.jpg
[/URL]

Julie is so adorable and the cave set up is fab. :love::love::love:

How is Julie today ?

Julie is back to her very spoiled monster bunny self.:D
That was about an hour ago that she peed on the cave floor and stomped her foot in it splashing pee everywhere because the litter box was moved. She also tried to push/tip/yank the dog bowl full of hay out of the cave. She is happy now that I arranged things as she likes. The hay is now on the yoga mat next to the water bowl. She says that is fine and ate quite a bit of the hay.
She was also back to demanding that I stand on one foot and pet her with the other foot while making breakfast and lunch. OH has to do this while getting a drink of water and ice from the ice maker.
In other words she is back to "normal":oops:

Julie is back to her very spoiled monster bunny self.:D
That was about an hour ago that she peed on the cave floor and stomped her foot in it splashing pee everywhere because the litter box was moved. She also tried to push/tip/yank the dog bowl full of hay out of the cave. She is happy now that I arranged things as she likes. The hay is now on the yoga mat next to the water bowl. She says that is fine and ate quite a bit of the hay.
She was also back to demanding that I stand on one foot and pet her with the other foot while making breakfast and lunch. OH has to do this while getting a drink of water and ice from the ice maker.

:D Julie is such a character. So pleased Julie is back to normal. :love:

How did I miss a Julie thread??
Glad she is back to her usual naughty self :love::love:
Loved the cave tour too :thumb:

:lol::lol: Ellie makes me do that or she digs my feet for ignoring her! Blooming little madams :D I love Julie, she's gorgeous.

I just can't believe that this was just a week ago and how fast she went from doing great to being so sick again.:cry: It is so sad to see her in the state that she is in now.

Back