• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap platform ideas

marchi1990

Mama Doe
Today my Dad is finishing building Bunny an 8ft run. This gives him a lot of space and I would like to give him a couple platforms because he loves being up high.

So, what do people use for platforms? My Dad could build me one but that would require purchasing more wood.

Does anybody have any budget platform ideas?

i use plant pots and those little £5 ikea tables (which i guess wouldnt be suitable outside) and also used to use breeze blocks that are quite cheap, but i guess you'd need a few to make it a worth platform! you could get a budget piece of wood and those wall bracket thingys and build a shelf maybe? that doesnt take away from the ground level either.

i use plant pots and those little £5 ikea tables (which i guess wouldnt be suitable outside) and also used to use breeze blocks that are quite cheap, but i guess you'd need a few to make it a worth platform! you could get a budget piece of wood and those wall bracket thingys and build a shelf maybe? that doesnt take away from the ground level either.

Think Dad might be going to make a platform next weekend, he just said. Yay!

Check on freecycle for children's plastic stools/chairs/tables :)

Didn't even think of that! Will give it a shot ...

I buy two decking squares use two batons of wood to support them underneath and fix them together. Then I attach four legs with three cross supports. It makes a pretty sturdy and cheap platform

Back