• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much did a spay cost you in West Yorkshire?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Those that live in West Yorkshire, please would you be able to tell me where you had your females spayed and how much it cost you :wave:

I remember there being a vet that was really cheap for spays but for some reason I've deleted all of the emails :roll:

I wouldn't choose a vet based on how cheap the spay was. We went to a slightly cheaper vet to get my rabbit castrated and he died! :cry: He had snuffles which complicated it, but the vets weren't as experienced with rabbits as our normal vet and we shouldn't have gone there!! :cry:
We are back at the expensive vet now!

I agree - don't choose a vet based on how expensive it is!

I have tried 3 vets in my town... ours is the most expensive, it was about £30 more for the neuter and spay, but the aftercare was fantastic and they really knew their stuff - also, 100% success rate! The other vets couldn't tell me what their success rate was, and I'd had bad experiences with them with rabbits in the past. So I'd rather pay more and know that my bunnies are getting the best vet care, than to risk it because it was cheaper elsewhere.

£75 at vets4pets. I know another that was very cheap but decided not to use that one as it didn't sounds as good when I asked questions - it was £50

Higher cost doesn't mean better vet at all though, there are plenty of bad rabbit vets that will charge £100 and plenty of brilliant rabbit vets who charge half of that, price doesn't always reflect quality. I don't have that extra £50 to blow on a vet that might not even be much better so it's either find a good vet who doesn't charge a fortune or she wont be getting spayed anytime soon

My friends just had hers done at Richmonds in dewsbury, she couldnt fault them, treatment and competative price

this is the one which was £50 which I decided not to go with. When I asked whether I should have my bunny spayed they said well it's up to you there was no yes it's the right thing to do they said not many bunnies get cancer etc etc.... Also there was no follow up appointment at all. Those are the 2 things I remember most whereas vets4pets advised me to get her neutered said they get cancer etc but didn't push me into it either and there was a follow up appointment! Considering how nervous I was about getting her done they put me far more at peace. I should add vets4pets were fine with her neuter and when I had to bring in after to get gut stimulant because she wasn't eating enough but they are not bunny savvy in my area when my Bee had something really wrong with him.

We also wasted £100 with them getting one of our cats' teeth done and they didn't do it right his breath still smelt after he still had gingivitis and they said none of his teeth needed taking out when a load were taken out about a month later at another vets they showed us

Last edited:
They're not too far from me, did you feel they were savvy? Give you all the right advice?

They are brilliant vets and very rabbit savy, when sooty was very ill and they gave him the best treatment :) and because of his history they did not put him to sleep when they did him.

Aire vets in Headingley £80.00 but like the others I would have paid for my 2 to go there no matter what the cost. Trust in my vet and peace of mind they are in good hands is worth it.

Back