• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspector Morse Died Peacefully at 1930hrs on 2nd Feb 2014

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
So that I dont bombard RU with numerous threads about Morse and his Heart problems I will just keep to this one thread. I may not update it daily, but I know Morse has many friends on RU and I would like to keep you updated about him.

So far today The Inspector is bright within himself, he ate well overnight (he has ad lib feeding now) and he also ate a top up of Rabbit Royale when the others had their breakfast. At the moment Morse prefers either Rabbit Royale or Excel Mature Rabbit Pellets. He has some crushed Malted Shreddies mixed in for his overnight supply. The bowl has been empty every morning so far.

Every day is precious with The Inspector, I love him more than I could ever put into words. I too have a heart problem now (probably MVP -mitral valve prolapse- due to 39 years of AN) and it is because of Morse that I am forcing myself to go through with my cardiology appointments. I find any 'hands on' treatment so traumatic, but I HAVE to do it.

Anyway, this is Morse's thread so no more about me.

I will put a few photos of him on the thread too xx

ETA- Here is one, taken a few days ago

Last edited:
I think it's a lovely idea to have a special thread just for Morse. I'm glad he's feeling brighter, I hope he continues to do so :love:
And we'll done you for going to your appointments :wave:

Great to hear that the Inspector still has a good appetite and I think it's brilliant that he's going to have his very own thread, a Morsey blog!!

I love to hear how he's doing and look forward to seeing some more photos.

Love to you both xxx

Oh Jane.... (((((((HUGS))))))) I didn't realize it was MVP that you have. I was actually just reading up on it the other day.
All I can do is send vibes and prayers. I wish there were more I could do.
I'm glad Morse is doing well and I pray you are too. Thank you for making this thread, I will check it every day. :)
I am looking forward to the pictures, always. :)
Thinking of you and our dear Morse. xxxx

Oh Jane.... (((((((HUGS))))))) I didn't realize it was MVP that you have. I was actually just reading up on it the other day.
All I can do is send vibes and prayers. I wish there were more I could do.
I'm glad Morse is doing well and I pray you are too. Thank you for making this thread, I will check it every day. :)
I am looking forward to the pictures, always. :)
Thinking of you and our dear Morse. xxxx

MVP has not been confirmed yet, but all my symptoms fit and it is a well documented consequence of severe Anorexia Nervosa

So The Inspector and me both have a dicky ticker now !!

Aww I'm glad Morse has his own thread now, I do like to know how he's getting on. Sending hugs and vibes for both of you! Xxx

Good to hear that Morse is eating well and being a good influence on you and your health care.

So lovely to see Morse out in the garden and having a good day. :love::love::love: He looks very curious in the first photo and his fur is looking shiny and thick. :D

The Inspector is doing good so far today :D He has been going about a 'normal' Morsey Morning and I am treasuring every second with him :love:

Back