• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obsessed.

Delta

Warren Scout
Since Delta turned 5 months (6 weeks ago) me and my partner have limited Delta's pellet intake. She has now become obsessed! Everytime she thinks your going to feed her pellets she goes crazy!!! Yesterday she came flying through the living room and scratched my partners foot as she ran over it. She goes flying into her cage and as your bending down she comes flying out the cage at us squeaking. It looks like she's lunging but no aggression. If you stop with them in your hand before you get to her cage she will jump or take a flying leap at you to try and get them from your hand.
It doesn't matter if you put her veggies in the cage first she will stop what she's eating to get to the pellets.

Any ideas on how to calm her down around food? My fingers can't take the nips where they've been mistaken in the excitement for a pellet!

It may be worth feeding her the pellets little and often throughout the day instead in one go then she may not be as excitable around them.

Jasmine has nearly tripped me over lots of times racing after me after she smells food, I have found little and often really works.

Mine all go wild for pellets too. I give them at night, scatter fed and some in treat balls. Little and often does sound a good idea.

I feed Leo his food throughout the day in 3 instalments, otherwise he sulks.. :lol: He's supposed to be deaf but I swear he can hear the damn food tub!

Back