• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped Rabbit!! Thankfully he's safe =]

Jaffacake

Alpha Buck
Well my little Foxie went on an adventure this morning... He burrowed under our back gate and went on to explore around our neighbours gardens. :shock:
My next door neighbour brought him back in a pet carrier and said he had done the same thing yesterday. He'd given Foxie back to my little sister who didn't bother to tell any of us :roll:

I am so, so relieved he is alright and we have fixed the hole and checked the fence. Normally it is fine because the whole edge of the garden has concrete under the ground which they can't burrow through, so we only check occasionally- the door is the only weak spot and my dad usually checks it on his way to work as he cycles there. But he's driven for the last few days and Foxie obviously pounced on the opportunity!!

Obviously any number of terrible things could have happened to him out there but now I know he is safe the whole thing has made me smile. He has so many little characteristics like my last little rabbit who I loved so much and still miss terribly. Bilbo used to hide behind the gate so she could slip out after my dad (she was black so was good at hiding) and then go and sunbath on the tarmac of one of the other drives, or go explore in the School Playing field out the back of our house. We would go out to check on them and realise she was gone and start to panic... and then as soon as we opened the gate and called her name she'd hippity hop back to us looking so proud of herself :lol: :love:

He reminds me of my last bunny, and that makes me happy, but I don't want him getting hurt! We've sorted it so there will be no more houdini acts in the future- as my mum said 'he's a fearless skinny toad'- which is true because he can fit through the tiniest gaps!! We're also getting him neutered which should stop some of the urge to explore.

Stoopid rabbit :lol:

Ooohh,,,, glad you got him back!!,! what a worry... I had that shock twice recently with Smudge......

Fee. xxxx

Back