• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur everywhere

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Don't know what the trio have been up to but they're unsettled. :( I think Smudge has tried to hump Nutmeg and she's gone for him and they've all ended up with fur pulled. Found clumps from all three. :(

Put some hay in the box and Mini just forced Nutmeg out and then Smudge. The lions are hiding under the bed now either end. They've eaten a bit of FF and I've looked them over so I think they're ok. All sulking a bit though!

It must be the time of year because my two have been the same today!!!

Hope they have settled their differences and your trio are now all snuggled :)

Nutmeg's injured again :( the fur by her groin is ripped, there's not a lot of blood but some exposed 'underneath'.

I wanna cry, can't believe this, they were doing so well and seem ok now, though Nutmeg is on alert and hiding away under the bed. Don't understand it. :( I don't know what they can do because I don't know if she can go under GA when she's so wheezy.

It must be the time of year because my two have been the same today!!!

Hope they have settled their differences and your trio are now all snuggled :)

Sorry must've wrote as you did. Must be spring fever but it's not a good time for it!

Are they all out now? Can you sit with them as a neutral to help calm them down. You might be able to see who has gone for who.

Oh no :( ouch that sounds painful :( it is difficult to see I hate it when they mount it each other as they seem so stressed. I don't know what to say. I hope she is ok. It must be spring causing havoc. Hopefuly they will resolve their differences soon may be worth having gloves to hand in case you need to separate them if it escalates. Silly bunnies!

Are they all out now? Can you sit with them as a neutral to help calm them down. You might be able to see who has gone for who.

It's crazy because they are completely back to normal now. Meg has been snuggling with Smudge under the bed and eating hay in very close proximity to Mini for ages. It's like nothing happened, except she has this big tear.

I'm going to stay in here with them all evening to keep an eye but so far they've been fine. I don't know what I'm going to do if she needs an op to stitch or glue it, guess I'll have to cross that one when I get to it.

That is a great suggestion by cookie crisp and it means you are there to intervene too if you have to.

Good luck I hope they settle down for you x

How bad is the tear? It may be worth giving a clean with warm salt water I'd you are worried. Also I have read Vaseline and sudocream are good for cuts on bunnies but it depends if she can lick it. I have same thing my two are now cuddled like nothing happened. Keeping an eye on then is a really good idea and I am sure they will settle down now they have it out of their system x

As there have been a lot of bonding questions and queries...
Im interested to know how your furries were bonded .. just doing some research on buns that fall out occasionally :wave:

Hope theyve settled down now x

How bad is the tear? It may be worth giving a clean with warm salt water I'd you are worried. Also I have read Vaseline and sudocream are good for cuts on bunnies but it depends if she can lick it. I have same thing my two are now cuddled like nothing happened. Keeping an eye on then is a really good idea and I am sure they will settle down now they have it out of their system x

agree about the warm salt water and sudocrem :wave:

Can you reduce their space for a little while and/or put them somewhere neutral for a little while to settle down? How long have they been bonded now?

It's not very easy to see to be honest and very difficult to get to. I have to turn her on her back and with her breathing issues I don't want to do that for any longer than I have to. She has been cleaning it herself a little. She's already on a broad spectrum abx plus baytril.

As there have been a lot of bonding questions and queries...
Im interested to know how your furries were bonded .. just doing some research on buns that fall out occasionally :wave:

Hope theyve settled down now x

Initially it was a three hour long plus date every day for three days in a small indoor cage and in side by side pens the rest of the time. Then they were in a small pen continously which I gradually increased over about two weeks. That was six months ago and they have been completely fine since then.

I really think this is a freak thing as they've been back to normal since. I actually suspect that she smelt odd when coming back from having her nebuliser downstairs (the stuff she's having in it is quite strong smelling) so what I did this evening was I did it in my (their!) room and then 'waved' the mask over the other two so they all smelt roughly the same as did my room.

agree about the warm salt water and sudocrem :wave:

Can you reduce their space for a little while and/or put them somewhere neutral for a little while to settle down? How long have they been bonded now?

I could reduce down to one room, but they haven't really strayed into the other rooms much because I'm in here. They usually go where I am. Bonded six months now.

It's not very easy to see to be honest and very difficult to get to. I have to turn her on her back and with her breathing issues I don't want to do that for any longer than I have to. She has been cleaning it herself a little. She's already on a broad spectrum abx plus baytril.

Initially it was a three hour long plus date every day for three days in a small indoor cage and in side by side pens the rest of the time. Then they were in a small pen continously which I gradually increased over about two weeks. That was six months ago and they have been completely fine since then.

I really think this is a freak thing as they've been back to normal since. I actually suspect that she smelt odd when coming back from having her nebuliser downstairs (the stuff she's having in it is quite strong smelling) so what I did this evening was I did it in my (their!) room and then 'waved' the mask over the other two so they all smelt roughly the same as did my room.

Thankyou for replying
Im sure youre right..... and its just a blip with the different smells
Glad all seems back to normal x

Oooh the wound is rather nasty :( She's already on abx and metacam so now have a cream to put on too and need to keep an eye on it. This should be fun.

I've put the gate up at my door so they only have my room now. They seem settled although Nutmeg is a little flighty, she's protective of her back end understandably as it must be very sore. They're currently snuggled under my bed as usual.

They are possibly picking on her because she is unwell. You were saying she needed nebulised so she is not her usual self. I hope it is a mixture of that and spring fever and they settle again soon.:cry::cry: Poor Meggie.

They are possibly picking on her because she is unwell. You were saying she needed nebulised so she is not her usual self. I hope it is a mixture of that and spring fever and they settle again soon.:cry::cry: Poor Meggie.

I have noticed that sometimes Smudge bullies her away from the food so maybe that has something to do with it. They're both flopped out next to each other at the moment. :thumb: Nutmeg hasn't been flopping much recently because of her breathing so it must be a little better, she sounds a lot better already.

Elena, I can't advise but hope all is Okay soon and give wee Meggie extra noserubs from us.....Hope she recovers soon....xxxxx

Oh dear poor Meggy :(

My Mimi sometimes gets aggressive to Timmy when she's scared, for example after Ive had to give her meds or clip her nails or whatever. Maybe Meggy was defensive and kicked off with the others?

Hope the cut heals nicely xxx

Back