• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies Old and New (Warning lots of pics since I've sussed how to do them)

Den

Mama Doe
Following my introduction thread last night, I'm still struggling with "signature" but think I have sorted posting pictures, so here are some of Poppy, Will and the one who started my love for rabbits, Rosie.

Will, the cleanest bunny in Chelmsford:D

Poppy is the one on the left, when they are together it is easy to tell them apart as she is a little bigger - loves her food, but on the odd occasion ones up and the others down, she has 2 small black stripes going up from the bottom of her ears. She also has a small white mark on her right ear where another rabbit bit her and left a scar - this was before they were at the rescue.

Poppy loving her greens - not like Will, I'm tempted to rename him Dan after my son who still hates veg. He loves dandelion leaves tho, fresh and dried. Fortunately he loves his hay too (Will not Dan LOL:lol:

Will prefers his Rabbit Royale. We got this as this is what they were fed at the Rescue. I've noticed they dont eat certain bits of it so am going to try to get them onto pellets gradually.

OH (I'd rather have a dog!! but now is completely smitten) grooming Will

Will is completely flopped, Poppy is a true big sister - we think shes "on guard" for him. Please be aware this temporary chicken wire run they are in is only for their lawn time. One of us is always in there with them to make sure nothing gets in or they dont get out. They are NEVER left unattended in it. OH has bunny proofed the garden but we havent been brave enough to let them free range yet.

Poppy did finally relax, still very alert though.

Hmm, is this food or what!!

Yummy grass, we like this :p

You're meant to dig buns, not sit in it :lol:

And last but not least my beautiful Rosie who I now know is binkying like mad at the Bridge. My poor dad never managed to grow runner beans after we had her - this was the first year we had her and she ate them all!! Sorry about the poor quality, my best friend took this picture on 22nd August 1980 and I had to scan it through the glass otherwise it would have torn.

Sorry to have gone on a bit, you know what its like being a new mummy!

Oh Rosie does look really sweet. So delicate. I love dutch rabbits :love: Willow and Poppy have a lovey green garden to explore. Lucky you having a rabbit proof place.

They are beautiful xx The picture of Rosie is lovely - like something from a story book:love:

Thank you - I love this picture. My friend took it when she looked after her for us when we were on holiday. didn't know about it until the Christmas of that year - she had it framed and gave it to me as my present. It had been a particularly cold winter that year and her mum used to watch me go out every morning from her kitchen window and would report back to my friend that Rosie hadn't died from cold so it was still ok to give the photo.

It had never been our intention to let her free range the garden. She just leapt out of her hutch one day when she was being cleaned. My sister wasn't a very good guar:roll: Nor would she help with the cleaning"she's your rabbit...":evil:

The garden wasn't bunny proof and up until she was about 4 she would jump the fence to next door who grew even more yummy vegetables than my dad. A couple of times she hurdles 4 gardens to get to another neighbours buck!:love:

Fortunately she only ever got as far as his hutch!

I entered into the pet section of a local rabbit show once. She got 2 second s and a highly commended I've still got her rosettes but it was a horrid experience and never did it again. A couple of serious"show-ers" offered us money to breed from her. I was very proud but declined the offer.

How I've wittered on again - sorry. I really hope in years to come I have some great stories about Will and Poppy:)

Oh Rosie does look really sweet. So delicate. I love dutch rabbits :love: Willow and Poppy have a lovey green garden to explore. Lucky you having a rabbit proof place.

I love Dutch bunnies too and nethies now:love:

As they don't like being handled I'm going to start using their carrier to get them from hutch/run to lawn run and once they (hopefully) associate the carrier with nice treats, then I will be brave and let them have the run of the garden. I will insist on both of us being out on guard with them tho. Its weird we never used to worry about Rosie being out but now I'm like a new parent all over again:lol:

Although I could sit here all day talking "bunny" its major clean day so off I go to the lovely aroma of white vinegar and bunny we:lol:

All your bunnies are beautiful!! :love:

I did have a chuckle at your initially reluctant OH, bunnies are good at making people fall in love with them... :lol:

Back