• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Per carrier

Fordinand

Warren Scout
I've got a pet carrier to take my rabbit to the vet for a checkup, do I need to put something on the base of the carrier like straw or anything?

It's got holes around the side, seems quite close to the bottom to me. It's really designed for cats but my mum chose it whilst I was at work :roll: But it seems like it'll be okay, it's just the holes I'm worried about incase poo or straw comes out or something...

i put a towel in the bottom of mine and a little handful of hay for munching :) it always makes a mess but the vet doesnt mind!

something absorbent would be a good idea and non slip. An old towel would be good or lots of newspaper covered with some hay. You want to make sure that any wee is absorbed otherwise it'll slosh around in the carrier and get on bunny!

Okay, I'll just use a towel then :) I'm sure I can cover some of the bottom side holes with that :) Thanks!

A towel is a really good idea, we have a piece of vet bed that we cut to size for the pet carrier which is also another really good thing to use.

Back