• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saw a post about bunny biscuits... now I need a recipe please

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Ludo would like some bunny biscuits... but he has a bad tummy...

He was very jealous when he saw some on here!

Does anyone have a recipe that only has things he's allowed to eat in please.

He can have:

Unlimited
Grass/hay
Herbs (fresh)
Forage (fresh)
Veg

Small amount
Dried herbs

One per biscuit
SS or Excel pellet

You really need something to stick them together, I use a banana but apple purée would probably work.

Then just finely chop your grass or herbs, smush up the pellets and add a little water - you don't need much and mix it all together. It's not really a precise bit of baking :lol:

I made some that were more grass than pellets: http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/2012/05/15/making-grass-biscuits/ (you could swap the oats for a few pellets or leave them out all together. No reason a mix of leaves shredded wouldn't work too.

They do take longer to cook if you use fresh grass/plants as they have more moisture to lose.

I just crush pellets, chop up hay/fruit/veg/herbs nice and small, and mush it all together with a binder, normally banana plus grated carrot or apple with a small amount of water. Roll out, mark into shapes and cook in a cool oven very slowly, I have it at 100 for several hours. The more wet stuff you put in the longer your biscuits will take, and if you do them quicker at a higher heat they don't dry out properly.

I know these aren't in your list but oats added are a lovely treat and go down very well.

Thanks both!

I'll get making and see what I can come up with.

He won't be able to have oats but I'll see what I can add in that he'll like instead. His tummy can't tolerate any cereals at all, I can't risk oats. Poor deprived bunny. :(

Back