• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Writing instructions for the grandparents!

supersonic

Mama Doe
We're off to Ireland on Sunday, so we're asking the grandparents to look after the boys. They're the kind of people who won't forget, so I feel ok about that, I'm just worried about them being overfed :roll: i've made their diet very clear!

Aw man, I'll miss ma bun... :lol:

Haha, I'm sure they'll survive! And I hope you enjoy your trip! :D

I know what you mean though, it is really hard to get people to listen to rabbit instructions- especially when it comes to diet...

I moved back in with my parents and as a family we got Foxie and then Bella my lovely buns! I bought the cage, toys, contacted the rescue about Bell, did the bonding, clean them out... and I've told my dad again and again- I'M the one who feeds them DO NOT give them anything except a crunchy treat or two without checking with me first... does he listen?! NO.

The amount of times I've gone out in the morning and he's filled up their pellet bowls before work 'because they looked hungry' or I find carrots around the garden 'because they are cute and rabbits like carrots' and then he told me I was giving them too much hay :roll:

Sat him down yesterday and told him he's gunna make them ill! :?

He does it because he loves them though- the other night he drove to Tesco at 11pm to buy them hay because we were out :love: :love: and he pays for vet trips :love: So I can't complain!

But some people just don't get the idea of a specific diet being important! I doubt any damage can be done in a couple of days though, so your guys will be fine (though I bet they'll miss you!)

Yep, my family never listen when I leave them with the bunnies, they ALWAYS overfeed them, because they think I'm being mean with the pellets :roll: bunnies like it though :lol:

Haha, the only thing they'll do wrong is overfeed them, and that's only out of the goodness of their hearts :lol:
I'm off to talk to them tonight as well, so they should be fine.

I love the "they're cute and rabbits like carrots" :lol: Mine doesn't even like them...

Might come back to find them double the size :roll::lol:

Haha, the only thing they'll do wrong is overfeed them, and that's only out of the goodness of their hearts :lol:
I'm off to talk to them tonight as well, so they should be fine.

I love the "they're cute and rabbits like carrots" :lol: Mine doesn't even like them...

Might come back to find them double the size :roll::lol:

Haha, well I do quite like chunky bunnies :lol:
:lol: My dad is quite a macho guy, but he comes home from work and I'm like 'where's dad?!'- then I hear this 'Hey little buddy! How was your day?' and realise he's lying on the patio with Foxie giving him kisses... :lol::lol:

Haha, well I do quite like chunky bunnies :lol:
:lol: My dad is quite a macho guy, but he comes home from work and I'm like 'where's dad?!'- then I hear this 'Hey little buddy! How was your day?' and realise he's lying on the patio with Foxie giving him kisses... :lol::lol:

Aw, that's cuuute! My mum doesn't like animals (even buns), and my dad is desperate to be friends with Sonic, but 4 years later, he just doesn't get how to be a bunnies friend :roll:

I live with my grandparents and on the days where I volunteer at a bunny place I leave my nan to do the morning feed as just about have enough time for bunny meds. EVERY time without fail I come home at 7/8pm and they STILL have pellets in their bowls after being fed at 9ish :?

No matter what I say it just doesn't seem to go in. I know people will say do it myself but I have 12 buns and 9 g pigs so it's not a quick thing! I'm just glad that most of my buns will choose hay/forage over pellets :D otherwise i'd have 12 dumplings on my hands :lol:

I did pictures for our neighbour so he could see what the food looked like in the bowl and I pre-packed their greens into daily portions.

Back