• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coincidence?

happybunny

Mama Doe
Just before Easter someone handed in a rabbit they had found to our vet. He was a little black and tan netherland dwarf. No one came forward for him so we adopted him.

On Wednesday a different person handed a rabbit they had found into our vet. She is a little black and tan netherland dwarf. They look identical and one of the nurses thought we had lost the one we adopted (even though we live miles away!).

Now is this coincidence?

Some one releasing their bunnies?

Or someone who has a hutch that is easy to escape?

Hmm... could be someone with accidental litters going round various vets,,,,,,??

Hmm... I guess it depends how common black and tan nethies are? (I don't know, how common are they?)

It sounds to me as though someone is getting rid of their own pets and just claiming they found them :?

A similar thing happened with Clent, someone called Hoppper haven and asked if they bought bunnies :shock:. They said no, and the next day the same people called, talking about the same litter of albinos, and said they'd 'found them on Clent hills' :evil:

I feel like the female is Montys sister (I asked him but he would not tell me :D). The problem is it makes me want to adopt her too.

Now I just cannot imagine what a black and tan nethie looks like. I know you could post loads of photos!!!

Having never seen a black and tan nethie before, I'm guessing they must be pretty unusual. I bet they're related somehow!

You need to post photos ;)

They actually look very similar to Poddington Pea who is looking for a home on the rehome page (by BARC).

They are mostly black but have a tan patch on the back of their neck.

Hubby says I can have her but I am not convinced we have the room to keep her on her own until she has recovered from a spay...

They actually look very similar to Poddington Pea who is looking for a home on the rehome page (by BARC).

They are mostly black but have a tan patch on the back of their neck.

Hubby says I can have her but I am not convinced we have the room to keep her on her own until she has recovered from a spay...

Oh, I know what you mean! I've forgotten the name for that colouring now, but Blacker's boys are like that...

As for room, there is always a way somewhere ;) We have our Poppy in our bedroom until we can bond her with Oscar and Jessie

Hubby says I can have her but I am not convinced we have the room to keep her on her own until she has recovered from a spay...[/QUOTE]

You'll think of something - honest! :D :thumb:

We have a 3 bedroom house and its now 1 bedroom and 2 bunny rooms. And then they took over the bathroom and kitchen...

Oh and we have 2 in the living room.

They will be called black otter. They are a very common colour for nethies along with agouti.not a great pic but shows the colouring.

2012-11-09143105_zpsa94e6704.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back