• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So Breeders Rabbits Never End up in Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
lately i have seen it posted, not necessarily on here, that breeders are careful where their animals go and their rabbits ( or puppies ect) will never end up in rescue

Well just look what Philly, the poor girl who arrived last night, is wearing

poor baby, and the fact she was where she was before coming to you proves they didnt give a ducks butt as to where they homed her either:cry:

Yes that is a fact, they most definitely do end up in rescue.

The breeders that I know of are utterly vile and if there is nowhere for their unwanted rabbits to go (ie no rescue space) they will be necked within the hour. :cry:

Furby was one of the buns rescued from the Lymington breeder. He is deaf and has dental problems which are genetic - and he had been used to breed from:(

lately i have seen it posted, not necessarily on here, that breeders are careful where their animals go and their rabbits ( or puppies ect) will never end up in rescue

Well just look what Philly, the poor girl who arrived last night, is wearing

Is that ok? I mean I know what it is, but is it a bit small for her, does it have to stay on?

Poor wee soul.......what a shame

Can you explain please what that ring is tied around and is that blood? or just the shine from bunnies coat....

Yes that is a fact, they most definitely do end up in rescue.

The breeders that I know of are utterly vile and if there is nowhere for their unwanted rabbits to go (ie no rescue space) they will be necked within the hour. :cry:

Excuse my ignorance... NECKED....? You mean they break their necks??. Oh my lord....:(

Can someone explain this to me? :oops::oops: Why has (I assume a breeder) done this?

Breeders use rings to identify their buns, that's what the silver thing is. It's a stamped strip of metal fixed in place. Sometimes they tattoo ears instead. It's so they know which bun is which as being a breeder they will have lots of similar looking ones. :wave:

Poor wee soul.......what a shame

Can you explain please what that ring is tied around and is that blood? or just the shine from bunnies coat....

the rings are welded together around the rabbits leg. there is no blood there.
they can become very tight and are not something any true rabbit lover would put on their pets.
They can be difficult to cut through and need a lot of pressure so best done by a vet or the rabbit could end up with a cut and broken leg

Mr B came from Kirkby rescue and had a breeders ring. We had it cut off when he was neutered as his fur kept matting around it.

:shock::shock::shock:

I've just learnt something new - and horrific today - I had NO idea that breeders did this - I think I must live in la la land :(:oops:

WHY do people have to treat animals like this? Oh - it just makes my blood boil. I could never run a rescue - would need strong sedatives all the time.

I've just learnt something new - and horrific today - I had NO idea that breeders did this - I think I must live in la la land :(:oops:

WHY do people have to treat animals like this? Oh - it just makes my blood boil. I could never run a rescue - would need strong sedatives all the time.

Bless you :lol::lol:

So did I..... This is horrific,,,,,, Just a perfect example to show people wishing to buy from breeders....

the problem rescues have on forums like this, is when we try so hard to stop people buying from breeders we get accused of aiming it at one person,if it coincides with a recent purchase.
What some members forget is that we are dealing with this every day, any anti breeder buy comment will coincide with someone's latest addition .
We don't aim it at individuals..we aim it continually at everybody

the message shown in the runner up poem in our rescue comp
Written by June AKA Littleboots

Inside I Cry.....

I sit alone in rescue
So glad they took me in
Abandoned by my owners
Who bought upon a whim

I only need the simple things
And maybe have a friend
And in return I promise
To love you til the end