• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hes still a bit weird?

shadow05

Mama Doe
Scooters still a bit off :( i dont get whats brought this on though could it be his food maybe hes bored of it i mean hes been on it for 3 and a half years? i put him on burgress excel for bunnies its the mint one and then i switched him to the oregano one. which he seemed to like could that be it.

also the verm x pellets i got him hes not eating. he must not like them either.

Have you done the switches gradually?

I'd get him checked out by a vet

no i didnt but i thought with them being the same brand but just different flavors he would be alright. i did mix the last of his pellets with some of the oregano stuff.

but hes been off the oregano stuff for a while now its been about 3 weeks. until last week he was alright.

i would take him to the vet to rule out any health issues :thumb:

he seems alright otherwise he still eats his food and its coming out as well just fine. he just dont seem fussed when i put his bowl down. just looks at it depressed like lol

his usual reaction since he was a baby was to jump on it :lol: and try and attack u but hes not bothering with that any more :(

Your probably thinking why are u complaining just means u dont get bitten. Its just worrying if hes still doing this in the next couple of days i will be taking him.

If he's eating but not being enthusiastic about it then I'd wonder if its a dental issue. If it is the longer you leave it before you take him to the vets, the more chance there is of him stopping eating completely.

If he's eating but not being enthusiastic about it then I'd wonder if its a dental issue. If it is the longer you leave it before you take him to the vets, the more chance there is of him stopping eating completely.

I agree with this :thumb:

This!

Defiantly worth a vet check, if there is something then it's best caught sooner than later. Keep us updated!

This. Please get him checked out.

i dont think it is ive checked his mouth. ive looked for all the signs of a bunny with dental issues but he has none other than hes not that enthusiastic about it anymore.

his paws are not wet neither is his chin. he can shut his mouth fully ive seen him eating and he doesn't struggle with hay or anything.

You can only check the mouth fully using one of those things vets use that I can't remember the name of.
Dental issues begin gradually and are often missed until they get more serious as its so difficult to tell.
It'd be good to take him to the vet and get him checked out. :)

It is incredibly hard for owners to see signs of dental disease. The teeth affected are at the back of the mouth and problems are sometimes hard for a vet to see using an otoscope, some are only visible under GA - my Polos was. They don't always display symptoms of dribbling, wet paws etc.

Obviously he's your bun so it's your choice to get him seen to or not but I really hope you do. Prevention is better than cure, as you've noticed there is signs of him being not quite right he probably isn't as rabbits are really good at hiding illness until it bothers them enough to not be able to hide it anymore.

im not sure at moment im not really that worried but im gonna be going away for a couple of days so i obviously wanna make sure hes alright before he goes but i dont want to stress him out by taking him to the vets if hes perfectly alright.

could it have anything to do with his age vause he is getting on abit or maybe hes mellowing out a bit more. he has recently started letting me pick him up but only if i lay down with him on my chest. standing with him just freaks him out.

How old is he? I don't think age has anything to do with eating habits. My 7 year old eats quicker than my 2 year olds.

I wouldn't chance it tbh, I thought Poppy was fine. She was still eating but it wasn't 'right'. So I left it. She stopped eating one day, took her to the vets and the whole inside of her mouth was completely ripped up because of spurs :( she had massive problems.. And I left it too late. She didn't eat by herself for 2 months, we had to syringe feed her daily and she very nearly died. She was reduced to a bag of bones in days.

Unfortunately these costs can come with ownership, because of my mistake of not getting Poppy to the vets asap I'm now paying for dentals at least once a year. Which is actually very good for a dental rabbit.

Because of Poppy I have the others on a mainly hay diet, no veg. Just hay and forage, maybe about 5 pellets a day just to try and prevent the issues Poppy has.

It might not be though, but you won't know until he sees a vet.

Last edited:
can anybody tell me how much practises normally charge for a bunny opintment. its been a while since i last took him and i cant remember.

Back