• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exciting weekend ahead - how many of you remember Sprout? They are here! pics p16

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We have two new arrivals coming this weekend and while I can't wait to meet both of them, I am especially excited about one special bunny :love:

For those that don't remember Sprout, this is his original thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ling-condition-Walsall-RSPCA&highlight=sprout

Rspca Walsall have done an amazing job saving Sprout's life and giving him lots of extra care, but as the months have passed it has become apparent that Sprout sadly has lots of issues, needs more tests and and a lot more treatment so can never be rehomed as such. At the end of the day Walsall are not a sanctuary and Sprout being there is taking up space that a lot of other bunnies could use so they asked if we would like to care for him from now on. And of course i jumped at the chance :lol: ;) :love:

We are also taking another elderly bunny with neurological and liver issues :)

In return Rspca Walsall are taking Roger the veg eating bunny and Howard the remaining ebay bunny from us to rehome. That way each of us are doing what we do best, so a win/win situation for all bunnies concerned :D

Sprout will be keeping his name but in true Rainbow style Steve has lengthened it to Russell Sprout Esquire!

The other bunny is currently called Theo so will most definitely need a change of name. One or two ideas so far, but we will decide when he arrives and we get to see him for the first time.

Expect lots of pictures once they have settled in ;)

Last edited:
I am so pleased these two will have a wonderful, loving home for the rest of their lives...Russell Sprout Esquire is such a wonderful little bunny:love: - very happy he is coming home:thumb:

So today is the day.

Please spare a thought for Vicky who is beside herself about handing sprout over, even though she knows he needs a forever home of his own.
I feel :( about handing Howard and Roger over so can only imagine how Vicky feels today.
But I hope we can do sprout proud by getting to the bottom of his issues and hopefully getting him sorted so he can have his own bunny friends :)

Thank you

They are here, sprout is an absolutely sweetheart and so small. He is currently fast asleep in his fluffy bed. The other bunny is pottering about, he us very wobbly on his legs after the journey. Not sure what to call him yet

Piccies, not the best as Sprout keeps trying to hump the camera if I put it in his cage :shock:

Sprout

P1040862.jpg

P1040864.jpg

P1040865.jpg

P1040870.jpg

P1040871.jpg

P1040872.jpg

Theo - now named Lenworth or Lenny for short :D

P1040868.jpg

P1040869.jpg

Sprouty looks happy. Seeing the photos of Lenny makes me realise just how poorly he looks :cry: They've made me cry again! I've just cleaned his cage. I know both of our boys are in the best place now. Sending nose rubs xx

Sprouty looks happy. Seeing the photos of Lenny makes me realise just how poorly he looks :cry: They've made me cry again! I've just cleaned his cage. I know both of our boys are in the best place now. Sending nose rubs xx

Lenny has been sound asleep, flopped on his side and dreaming. He has eaten everything offer so is doing ok :)

Lenny has been sound asleep, flopped on his side and dreaming. He has eaten everything offer so is doing ok :)

:love: Sounds just like him, thats how he spends his days! Flopped on his side asleep, he soon wakes up when he knows its feeding time, hes like a hoover :love: I will miss him! x

For anyone who is interested, sprout is not doing great and we will be ringing the vet when they open tomorrow. Its a miracle he has kept has well as he has over ths past few months, which is down to Vicky and Becky's good care.

He really does need some good wishes

Back