• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on dating EX BARC bunnies

PippinWarrenJnr

Warren Scout
Well it's not worked out as I thought.

In a neutral room I divided the bonding pen in half so Pattie and Mr Fluffers could get close on their initial fur to fur contact. So they didnt get territorial over each sides, I kept moving the divide like a revolving door so they got to each others side but not directly at each other this was so they could share the new area.
To be honest the date didn't go as well as I anticipated it to be. Naughty Mr Fluffers was angry pants and kept lunging trying to bite poor Patties face.

We really expected Pattie to be the bossy boot!

They have been living indoors next to each other, they both free range but at different times. We thought the bond would be fairly easy as when Mr fluffers comes out free ranging he flops at the side of her cage and Pattie will binkie lots.
But when they were together in the bonding pen it was a real insight. Not every rabbit is compatable, dispite living next to each other where they can see, nose and smell each other.

Maybe they are not the match made in heaven :cry: Or maybe they just like being neighbours ;) :thumb:

Oh no, that sounds so much like what happened with Mylo and Olly :( Mylo is such a little madam, she just won't accept him without bars between them.

If I remember rightly, is Pattie Olly's daughter?

Oh no, that sounds so much like what happened with Mylo and Olly :( Mylo is such a little madam, she just won't accept him without bars between them.

What is happening with Ollie? I remember a thread when you were considering returning him to the rescue.

Yeah or brother i'm not sure :thumb: It sounds very much like my situation.. Mr Fluffers wont accept Pattie but Pattie is brilliant with him. :cry:

Oh. Sorry to hear this. What next?

We are taking each day as it comes. I don't think we will end up bonding them just because of the signs they gave off the first time they were next to each other wasn't good.
I'am not carrying on bonding becuse i have gave them a second chance and it's still not looking good. It's not fair on Pattie but they are still mine neither of them are going back to the rescue. :thumb:

Just a thought, as I am by no means a bonding expert, but I am wondering that because they were in a neutral room Mr Fluffers felt the need to assert himself. If there is no aggression shown by him when he is out free ranging towards Pattie then I think this is a positive sign. Maybe, if you feel you want to try again in the future, it may be worth trying them together in a pen in the room they are both familiar with. Sometimes bonding works if you don't always follow the 'rules'. I don't know why bunnies have to make it so difficult for us and themselves :(

I wonder if this family of buns is difficult to bond! I have Patties sister Marcie and bonding seems to be a no-go for her too!!!! I haven't given up yet but its not looking good :?

I am sorry to hear Ollie is going back to the rescue and I am sending you both good luck vibes :)

I wonder if this family of buns is difficult to bond! I have Patties sister Marcie and bonding seems to be a no-go for her too!!!! I haven't given up yet but its not looking good :?

I am sorry to hear Ollie is going back to the rescue and I am sending you both good luck vibes :)

Pattie isn't the problem it's Mr Fluffers. Pattie is very accepting i.e when Mr Fluffers lunged at her she just simply binkied carried on nomming and never flinched. So i don't think it's a litter problem if anything the litter is calm.

Pattie isn't the problem it's Mr Fluffers. Pattie is very accepting i.e when Mr Fluffers lunged at her she just simply binkied carried on nomming and never flinched. So i don't think it's a litter problem if anything the litter is calm.
Must get this from her Daddy, Olly was lovely to Mylo but she was having none of it!

Back